Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.129.100
baladisk

Liteserver VPS and Eddie

Posted ... (edited)

Hello. A noob question.
I am using a liteserver VPS for my work (remote work).
I decided to start torrenting, as I have 25TB bwth available per month.
Question is can Liteserver see that I am torrenting? i am suspicious because liteserver tell you to follow the quide with their DNS addresses to connect to the internet.

On hetzner vps when I install windows on my vps, the internet connection is up and running instantly.
On liteserver you have to follow this guide
https://clients.liteserver.nl/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/33/Configuring-IPv4-and-IPv6.html

I am connected on OpenVPN protocol TCP and checked ipleak.net, it show only the Airvpn exit ip. I loaded the magnet link, again torrenting detects only airvpn port and ip. 
Am i safe?

Edited ... by baladisk

1 hour ago, baladisk said:

Question is can Liteserver see that I am torrenting?

They don't see it as in "we detect the BitTorrent protocol". But look at it that way: If that machine is uploading steadily at max throughput and ends the month with being close to, or even goes above, those 25 TB, there can be two reactions to this: "We don't care, 25 TB is what was agreed upon." Or: "What the hell is this customer doing, being there every month? We should investigate and ask a few questions." Both are possible.

i am suspicious because liteserver tell you to follow the quide with their DNS addresses to connect to the internet.

If you can use other DNS servers, then you're fine. You can test with dig for example, if it's a Linux server.

I am connected on OpenVPN protocol TCP and checked ipleak.net, it show only the Airvpn exit ip. I loaded the magnet link, again torrenting detects only airvpn port and ip. 
Am i safe?

Probably. Why are you using TCP, though?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Posted ... (edited)
8 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

They don't see it as in "we detect the BitTorrent protocol". But look at it that way: If that machine is uploading steadily at max throughput and ends the month with being close to, or even goes above, those 25 TB, there can be two reactions to this: "We don't care, 25 TB is what was agreed upon." Or: "What the hell is this customer doing, being there every month? We should investigate and ask a few questions." Both are possible.

If you can use other DNS servers, then you're fine. You can test with dig for example, if it's a Linux server.

Probably. Why are you using TCP, though?
because it is blocked i quess, the UDP. When I am trying UDP it says sth as netsh command failed and dont connect.

The problem is I can't use other dns for the internet configuration of my vps, because it goes offline. its a Windows VPS
In other words, what i am asking is if liteserver sees the peers i am connecting, torrenting, everything i do, despite the fact that i have airvpn on. For the external internet seems ok, no ip leak at all, ip leak shows only Airvpn exit address. Sorry for my english and thhnks in advance for your answer. Edited ... by baladisk

6 hours ago, baladisk said:

The problem is I can't use other dns for the internet configuration of my vps, because it goes offline. its a Windows VPS

Open a cmd or PowerShell and do this, then:

> nslookup airvpn.org 9.9.9.9

This uses 9.9.9.9 (Quad9) to resolve airvpn.org. If you get a timeout, you know for sure DNS queries are really required to go through the servers mentioned. If not, problem solved. :)

When I am trying UDP it says sth as netsh command failed and dont connect.

If UDP was blocked, you'd get a timeout. The netsh command failed comes after successfully connecting to the server, so it's definitely not blocked. It's a local error that should be looked at closer. Provide a system report to allow anyone here to troubleshoot with you.

what i am asking is if liteserver sees the peers i am connecting, torrenting, everything i do, despite the fact that i have airvpn on.

As written, no. They have a chance at this when your torrent client is configured to resolve hostnames of trackers and/or peers, and their DNS servers are configured. With NetLock, though, even connections to the configured DNS servers should not be possible, so the machine will be forced to use AirDNS. Other than that, no, except for the aforementioned, possible question of "why is this customer always on the brink of their monthly 25 TB?"

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.