Not connected, Your IP: 52.15.147.20
Ajmqwi32i9efm212r99sc

Eddie Network Lock IPv6 leak - Win10

Posted ... (edited)

Hi,

I set up Eddie in Windows 10 and played around with all the security features. There I and ran into something:

When the Network Lock feature is enabled with the Windows Firewall setting, I've noticed a IPv6 leak when trying the Torrent Address detection of ipleak.net in Eddie V2.20. You can see my configuration in the screenshots below.
When using utorrent 2.2.1, the real IPv6 address appears beside the IPv4 address as Announced IPV6:

WithVPN.thumb.PNG.4ee79719da37fddd703cebbb7b6c3789.PNG

Of course I understand that it's best to deactivate IPv6 completely to circumvent this issue. And that utorrent 2.2.1 is outdated.
But that is bedside the point.

I'm not sure what an Announced IPv6 Address is, but I'm still surprised to see my IP address in plain view when the Network Lock feature is enabled,
especially since I don't know what else could be affected as well.

Config.PNG

Config2.PNG

Edited ... by Ajmqwi32i9efm212r99sc

I think I understand something now:
Search for "utorrent announces IP Addresses wrong over IPv6". You will find a post in the utorrent forum from back in 2015.

Its not Eddies fault, but utorrent itself announces the IPv6 address instead of the IPv4 address.

Wow, that is quite fiendish. Basically a trojan horse and probably even more easy to spoof.
Torrents appear even more scary to me now...