Not connected, Your IP: 18.216.83.240

So, first of all apologies, as I'm not really that tech-wise in this stuff, but I do like trying. So, followed the instructions and d/l and installed Wireguard on MacOS 10.14.6, running Eddie 2.21.8. I assumed all I had to do was change the protocol to Wireguard in the settings. However after doing that and activating Wireguard, I'm unable to to connect to anything. As soon as I deactivate Wireguard, Eddie connects no problem. Wondering if I am missing doing something and have it set up wrongly?? Any help is appreciated.

On 12/4/2022 at 9:29 AM, madrat said:

So, first of all apologies, as I'm not really that tech-wise in this stuff, but I do like trying. So, followed the instructions and d/l and installed Wireguard on MacOS 10.14.6, running Eddie 2.21.8. I assumed all I had to do was change the protocol to Wireguard in the settings. However after doing that and activating Wireguard, I'm unable to to connect to anything. As soon as I deactivate Wireguard, Eddie connects no problem. Wondering if I am missing doing something and have it set up wrongly?? Any help is appreciated.

Tried running the experimental version with Wireguard, but still no luck. I set up Wireguard with the default settings. Will run, but not at the same time as Eddie. Any help would be much appreciated. A roast beef sandwich would also be nice.

You won't get help without providing logs and, in the case of Eddie, the support file, I'm afraid. And people usually don't ask you for them, leading them to "surf on" and you to be sad because no one answers. :)

Please provide these, along with a description on what you've tried, so people who decide to help don't suggest things you tried already.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

19 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

You won't get help without providing logs and, in the case of Eddie, the support file, I'm afraid. And people usually don't ask you for them, leading them to "surf on" and you to be sad because no one answers. :)

Please provide these, along with a description on what you've tried, so people who decide to help don't suggest things you tried already.

Thanks for the reply. At this point, I'm not even trying to figure out WHY it won't run. I really just wanted to know if I set it up properly or not. D/l and installed Wireguard and did what was asked. Opened it and activated it and seemed to have no problems. In Eddie settings, I selected the protocol to be Wireguard. So my question is really, SHOULD IT run basically as I set it up or is there, for example, something I have to change in the router settings? Do I have to run some kind of script, etc etc. At least Eddie runs when Wireguard is not active.

5 hours ago, madrat said:

Thanks for the reply. At this point, I'm not even trying to figure out WHY it won't run. I really just wanted to know if I set it up properly or not. D/l and installed Wireguard and did what was asked. Opened it and activated it and seemed to have no problems. In Eddie settings, I selected the protocol to be Wireguard. So my question is really, SHOULD IT run basically as I set it up or is there, for example, something I have to change in the router settings? Do I have to run some kind of script, etc etc. At least Eddie runs when Wireguard is not active.

Log is attached

Eddie log Dec 10

Umm… why did you attach a log of a working OpenVPN connection? I thought you want to know why Wireguard fails?

5 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Umm… why did you attach a log of a working OpenVPN connection? I thought you want to know why Wireguard fails?

Apologies. I have very limited knowledge on this stuff. So, this morning I disabled Wireguard and shut Eddie down. Re-enabled Wireguard, without Eddie running, and got this:
image.png.d42293d4f593cceca7dba0dc3166ab72.png

So, restarted Eddie without activating Wireguard and all is good. As soon as I activate Wireguard and try to connect to any site I get this:
image.png.a1fb5d7f794adb7c7ada607632d97bc4.png

As soon as I disable Wireguard, I can once again connect no problem. Latest log is attached

Eddie Dec 11

The support file outlines that you are connected with Eddie using Wireguard. Isn't that what you wanted? You lost me somewhere in the middle otherwise.
I don't see what "enabled Wireguard" means, either. In the Eddie settings?

Or is it that you connect using Wireguard in Eddie successfully, but then you can't connect to any websites? What is the core of the problem?

10 minutes ago, SurprisedItWorks said:

Long shot, but you wouldn't happen to be trying to run both Eddie and the official WireGuard app from wireguard.com, would you?

Showed two options on the d/l page.
image.png.c63975cb98957033e902ebcb3a654d88.png
I chose the appStore option and so, I guess yes, I'm trying to run that and Eddie at the same time with "Protocols" pointing to Wireguard in Eddie's settings.

image.png.e0633ec88075f06c139059257d6c22df.png

Not the correct choice?

Here for MacOS I use just WireGuard - no Eddie - using config files downloaded from Air's configurator in the client area.  No or failed DNS resolution is telling you to check the "Endpoint = ..." line in the WireGuard config file that you imported into that app.  If you selected just one server in the configurator, the Endpoint should be a numerical IP address and port (I think Air uses 1637 ordinarily) separated by a colon, and that should work fine.  DNS resolution of course is the translation of a domain name like us.vpn.airdns.org into a numeric IP address.  If you have a domain name as Endpoint, perhaps you should for now try a numerical IP instead, in case you have one of those race conditions going where DNS resolution is set to go through a wireguard tunnel that isn't up because DNS resolution isn't up yet.

In any case, I expect that using Eddie is your real goal here.  I haven't tried wireguard via Eddie, so I leave that to others.  Should be easy.  Just don't try to enable the WireGuard app at the same time, unless I am totally uninformed and that's exactly what the Eddie instructions say to do!

1 hour ago, SurprisedItWorks said:

Here for MacOS I use just WireGuard - no Eddie - using config files downloaded from Air's configurator in the client area.  No or failed DNS resolution is telling you to check the "Endpoint = ..." line in the WireGuard config file that you imported into that app.  If you selected just one server in the configurator, the Endpoint should be a numerical IP address and port (I think Air uses 1637 ordinarily) separated by a colon, and that should work fine.  DNS resolution of course is the translation of a domain name like us.vpn.airdns.org into a numeric IP address.  If you have a domain name as Endpoint, perhaps you should for now try a numerical IP instead, in case you have one of those race conditions going where DNS resolution is set to go through a wireguard tunnel that isn't up because DNS resolution isn't up yet.

In any case, I expect that using Eddie is your real goal here.  I haven't tried wireguard via Eddie, so I leave that to others.  Should be easy.  Just don't try to enable the WireGuard app at the same time, unless I am totally uninformed and that's exactly what the Eddie instructions say to do!

So basically, I don't run Eddie and Wireguard at the same time, but just point the protocol in the Eddie options, to Wireguard?

Again, I haven't seen the Eddie instructions, but my educated guess is that Eddie does not need the WireGuard app itself and that running both Eddie and WireGuard at once would create a routing mess of some sort. So either just try it or - ahem! - RTFM quite carefully for Eddie and then try it. I'm leaving the reading burden entirely on you though, as I'm not an Eddie user so have no personal interest.

And readers with actual Eddie wireguard experience should feel free to join in here!

14 hours ago, madrat said:

So basically, I don't run Eddie and Wireguard at the same time, but just point the protocol in the Eddie options, to Wireguard?

This. Use either, but not both.

11 hours ago, SurprisedItWorks said:

my educated guess is that Eddie does not need the WireGuard app itself

This. It comes bundled with the macOS package.

3 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:

This. Use either, but not both.

This. It comes bundled with the macOS package.

Thank you so much for your patience and your help. One day I may be an educated rookie. Cheers!