Not connected, Your IP: 3.146.255.127
aalmosawi

Ddwrt wireguard setup guide.

Haven't seen anything yet. Would you maybe like to dive in yourself and help out lots and lots of people in the long run? :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

At dd-wrt.com, find the forums, then click the one for Advanced Networking. Among the sticky posts at the top is the wireguard documentation for dd-wrt. It is actively maintained.  Check out the guide for setting up a wireguard client for use with a commercial VPN provider. 

Hints:

1. Be running a recent dd-wrt build, because recent builds include an "import config file" function that will do all your heavy lifting.  Recent builds are also a lot more clever with wireguard startup timing at boot time. 

2. Never use the "router database" to choose a dd-wrt firmware build, as it is not maintained at all well. The latest builds have been very solid. Ignore that they are marked "beta". All dd-wrt builds for many years have been so marked, and it means nothing.

3. On the Air website, log in and go to the client area. You'll use two pages there, the Devices page and there Config Generator page. First create a new device specifically for this wireguard setup, with an identifiable name like "RouterWG" or whatever. "Device" is Air's name for a set of encryption keys (or keys and certs for openvpn). Having a separate device allows you to regenerate the keys and redo the config for this one wireguard tunnel at any time, without screwing up any other Air configs. (Normally there'll be no need.)

4.Then create and download a config file to your computer, selecting "Router" for the OS and your new RouterWG device. In the large protocols table there are two wireguard entries part way down. The first, for port 1637, is usually the best choice, so your traffic at the server will look like nearly everyone else's. I prefer to select just one server so that wireguard will connect even before my DNS (in my case it needs network time so is a bit delayed) is up. 

5. See the guide for details, but basically you'll use dd-wrt's import feature. The guide will coach you on details re DNS options, checking status, etc. 

All this was from memory over morning coffee, so details could be off. Caveat hackor.