Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.218.215
Updater

Airvpn speed on fiber ?

Recently is there access to fiber connection in my street. I thought to switch to 1gb fiber but because the prices are high so I did some Airvpn tests with my vps server to be sure the switch pays off.

/* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
NoVpnVps  !!! This is a VPS connection !!!
*/ 

Testing from XxXxXx (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by XxXxXx (Amsterdam) [3.12 km]: 2.317 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 7028.18 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 1876.61 Mbit/s

/* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Airvpn (01)
*/       

Testing from Leaseweb Deutschland GmbH (178.162.212.214)...
Hosted by Netprotect (Frankfurt) [143.90 km]: 12.712 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 197.91 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 121.53 Mbit/s

Airvpn (02)
*/     

Testing from Global Layer B.V. (213.152.161.30)...
Hosted by Asimo Networks B.V. (Amsterdam) [16.73 km]: 29.471 ms
Download: 164.88 Mbit/s
Upload: 104.16 Mbit/s

Airvpn (03)
*/  

Testing from Global Layer B.V. (213.152.186.173)...
Hosted by Netprotect (Amsterdam) [1.68 km]: 21.05 ms
Download: 195.92 Mbit/s
Upload: 121.72 Mbit/s

Airvpn (04)
*/  

Testing from Global Layer B.V. (213.152.162.149)...
Hosted by XS News B.V. (Amsterdam) [16.73 km]: 22.914 ms
Download: 208.38 Mbit/s
Upload: 143.68 Mbit/s

//......

These results shows me that the switch to 1gb fiber is useless knowing that the price is almost 5 times more expensive than what i pay now for 100Mbit/s.
Now the questions. Are there people who use 1gb fiber together with airvpn? What are your experiences?

Thanks.

When I get my 1Gbit/s fiber connection around the end of 2022 or beginning of 2023, I'll see about performing some tests myself. There were some reports here and there about people not being able to reach decent speeds with fiber, but others seem to do just fine. I want to check on the OpenVPN config and see what could be the cause for these differences, and also try and max out my own throughput via AirVPN.

As in your case, did you try Wireguard, too? Plenty of reports about massive improvements to throughput.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

The previous tests were only using OpenVpn. After your Wireguard tip i tried this one too and indeed the improvements are significant.
I only tested one server, I still have to figure out how Wireguard works, but the improvement is clear. Thanks for the tip.

Testing from M247 Ltd (185.206.225.59)...
Hosted by Telenor Norge AS (Oslo) [5.75 km]: 46.592 ms
Download: 618.67 Mbit/s
Upload: 185.64 Mbit/s