Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.100.120
bidasci

Is there a way to route the DDNS domain to the local VPN IP?

I currently use Jackett for torrent searching + Tixati as my torrent client.  A feature in Jackett lets you create your own custom RSS Filters for the torrent sites you have added. This is great for me as it will automatically download whatever I have configured. But every time I disconnect and reconnect servers, the Local IP changes, and then I must reconfigure the RSS IP again.
 image.png.947dd0e33b7683e4e5a3e68ebfb8cca9.png
Jackett lets you override the Base URL + path, can I somehow do configure this to work with Dynamic DNS? 
image.png.064c6b748fd49fb862b049d1ed0fd27a.png
I have Dynamic DNS configured correctly (All DNS servers are green) but when I set it as the RSS URL it does not work. Jackett also listens on the local IP address 0.0.0.0 but I don't think you can change the Jackett IP image.png.22740ef5740ada24e93b0793b49cf803.png
If anyone can help me with problem that would be great. Thank you! 

As JackettConsole is listening on 0.0.0.0, you should be able to just use your local network ip which you have been assigned by your router (either via dhcp or static if configured)?

15 hours ago, cheapsheep said:

As JackettConsole is listening on 0.0.0.0, you should be able to just use your local network ip which you have been assigned by your router (either via dhcp or static if configured)?

I originally tried to do this, but since Tixati is set to route thru the VPN Network Interface, it won't connect to 0.0.0.0

I will disable this and let it listen on all interfaces and see if this fixes the problem.

@cheapsheep
tixati_6035777402.png.59cd89cc852b50992c3bba199a4c02e0.png
If I set the IP to 0.0.0.0 while it's binded to the Eddie Tunnel, it will say address not available. But if I remove the bind, then it will work for 0.0.0.0 + 127.0.0.1

Is there a way to route 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1 into the eddie tunnel so it will work? Thank you!

6 hours ago, bidasci said:
@cheapsheep
tixati_6035777402.png.59cd89cc852b50992c3bba199a4c02e0.png
If I set the IP to 0.0.0.0 while it's binded to the Eddie Tunnel, it will say address not available. But if I remove the bind, then it will work for 0.0.0.0 + 127.0.0.1

Is there a way to route 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1 into the eddie tunnel so it will work? Thank you!

Listening on 0.0.0.0 is correct!

Use your local network IP address which your machine has been assigned by your router, like 192.168.x.x or 10.10.x.x..
It should be shown if you ipconfig or ipconfig /all (command prompt like cmd.exe) and look for your network adapter which Eddie uses to establish the VPN connection.
Your other network devices should be able to use this (if your firewall does not block it).

On 8/3/2022 at 2:57 AM, cheapsheep said:

Listening on 0.0.0.0 is correct!

Use your local network IP address which your machine has been assigned by your router, like 192.168.x.x or 10.10.x.x..
It should be shown if you ipconfig or ipconfig /all (command prompt like cmd.exe) and look for your network adapter which Eddie uses to establish the VPN connection.
Your other network devices should be able to use this (if your firewall does not block it).

Yes, this is what I was doing before, If I bind Eddie to the torrent client, I would have to find the Local Address that it's using (as an example: 10.29.250.161) and change the RSS IP to the local address.  The only problem that I have with this is if the Eddie connection drops, and it reconnects to a different VPN server, I must change the local address every time, which can get annoying. 

The question that I still have, can I use DDNS, so I don't have to change it every time?