Not connected, Your IP: 18.119.104.238
Immigrated2TakeUrJob

[GL-AR300M-9ef-NOR] Bypassing VPN Detection sharepoint

Posted ... (edited)

I am using Surfshark and using a VPN router (GL.Inet .ovpn UK file) due to app installation restrictions on work laptop. Yes, unashamedly I want to work remotely in another location for a month due to family reasons. 

• When I looked at myGL.Inet admin panel I found that ipv4 had changed twice for same work device? I don't know if this is the reason microsoft office365 keeps asking for authentication.
  • Keeping in mind I can't install a vpn app, are there vpn servers that provide obfuscated servers from the get-go, instead of enabling obfuscation through their app?
  • TCP/UDP (explain me why one is blocked and not the other):
    • TCP: the message in image appears from Microsoft cloud defender
    • UDP (this method works for some reason in UDP): disconnect from UDP UK server -> connect it back to my personal Wifi -> reconnect to VPN again => No sharepoint block

VPN seems to not block office 365 apps but blocks organisation's sharepoint. Only caveat with office 365 being that the authentication again and again annoyance.

What would be best route? I know the suggestion would be setup a VPN server at personal laptop, but my brain is fried from coding for a couple of days. Hence, I am using a VPN service provider surfshark at the moment.

20220623_105820.jpg

Edited ... by Immigrated2TakeUrJob

1. Shouldn't this be in off-topic, this is not about AirVPN?
  2. The Sharepoint is not blocked by the VPN. The sharepoint blocks you because it detected you using a VPN. This means they'll block many more VPNs than just Surfshark. It's a trial and error to find one that will work without issues (like you must try many many servers of different VPNs).
  3. IP changes: I don't know what you mean. Does it switch between real IP and VPN IP - or - does it show different VPN IPs? Surfshark probably connects you to a different server every time, with AirVPN the server choice is yours and the servers run 24/7/365. They're "static" in that sense.
  4. TCP/UDP method: I don't know what happens but I suspect once the connection is established using your real IP, it will continue using the real IP for a while even if you reconnect to the VPN, that's a Windows thing. That's what you might be causing with the WIFI reconnect.
The best route is to buy a Raspberry Pi and follow one of the hundreds of guides, you'll be done in an evening. Only if your home network has a white IPv4 or an IPv6. If it doesn't you can chain VPNs with port-forwarding:
You abroad -> AirVPN connection -> Raspberry Pi -> local VPN -> Internet traffic via home net
Expect MTU problems.