Not connected, Your IP: 18.217.220.114

• Website and Android app seemingly tracker-free. That's a green flag. But it's not open source, so capped to yellow. :D
  • No client for macOS and Linux, but interestingly a "client" for Chrome and Firefox. Hm.
  • Support for L2TP/IPsec. Let's call it "grey flag". Their marketing also seems to appeal to those who don't trust their ISP rather than protection from that one entity spying on the world.
  • Servers in Russia, Italy and Turkey, but apart from that, generally good choice on locations.
    • Germany's de.trust.zone seems to be with 23Media. Servers either dedicated servers – or colocated.
    • UK's uk.trust.zone seems to be HZ-Hosting. Also dedicated or colocated servers. What's interesting is that HZ-Hosting is in Sweden, doesn't even offer an English website.
    • No IPv6 support. Servers don't have AAAA records, and they say so themselves. I understand the choice, but that means the user doesn't have one.
  • OpenVPN configs seem to be username:password, at least port 443, AES-256-CBC and SHA512. The rest is "paywalled" behind a login.
  • Prices range from 8.99 down to 2€ a month. Problem is, "DDoS protection" and, I hope I misread this one, port forwarding are additional costs. They also offer dedicated IPs which are kinda detrimental to privacy.
  • HQ in Seychelles. Yeah yeah, where else, if not in a tax haven.
  • Terms of Service and Privacy Policy good enough to understand. Nothing particular of note there. I did notice that it was written with a slight… "accent", if you know what I mean. The writer is not a native English speaker, and it hasn't been proofread by someone who is.
  • Use of a warrant canary. Ugh, someone tell them it's of no use?
  • Support only via mail, it seems. There's a FAQ, though. Nothing compared to bulletin boards, but still.
  • Their blog is kinda useless, with quantitative "5 ways to do X", "6 reasons why Y is good" etc. kind of posts.
  • The FAQ entry for WebRTC seems to be based on the IPLeak description of it. Heh, they know quality, don't they? :)

WebRTC is a modern browser-based technology for realtime communication - voice calling, video chats and file sharing directly in a browser.

WebRTC implements STUN (Session Traversal Utilities for Nat), a protocol that allows to discover the public IP address sometimes. To disable it:

• Mozilla Firefox: Type "about:config" in the address bar. Scroll down to "media.peerconnection.enabled", double click to set it to false.
  • Google Chrome: Install Google official extension WebRTC Network Limiter, go to extension settings and switch to Use only my default public IP address.

Good intentions, I think, just a few minor issues.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Trust.Zone is good. Very fast for P2P. Way faster than SurfShark who is very slow in the South U.S. 
I will be trying Airvpn once my current Surfshark sub is up.