Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.119.79
kyrusdemnati

docker, transmission/openvpn - how do i configure airvpn please help

i have run the container via the qnap container station menu but i am missing the openvpn fies, so it can't run
i dont understand ssh etc, if someone explains to me what i need to do, i can probably do it..

i have downloaded the single .opvn from airvpn website and saved in the contrainer / transmission/config directory as default.opvn

in the contrainer settings i do note the following;

OPENVPN_PASSWORD None
OPENVPN_PASSWORD None
OPENVPN_USERNAME None

i have tried googling it and finding tutorials, but i can't get my head around it...

"***
Exiting...
Starting container with revision: 20877f1
Creating TUN device /dev/net/tun
ERROR: Cannot determine where to find your OpenVPN config. Both OPENVPN_CONFIG_URL and OPENVPN_PROVIDER is unset.
You have to either provide a URL to the config you want to use, or set a configured provider that will download one for you.

This thing writes logs. For troubleshooting purposes get into the habit of posting them without others asking for them. It's likely your post in the discussions will go stale because of that. It's like a bane for developers, people requesting support but not providing any useful info.

It seems that someone set something up with OPENVPN_PROVIDER=CUSTOM. It's just a mention of AirVPN, not a guide, so you'll have to trial&error yourself here, unless someone else already set it up and actually can help. But usually it ends in doing it yourself and writing a guide for others afterwards. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.