Not connected, Your IP: 52.91.67.23
pfolk

openvpn.exe task cannot be ended

Got Eddie installed on various machines. One of them is a laptop using Win 10 x64, the following issue ONLY occurs on the laptop, once in a while, not always. Maybe it has to do with closing the laptop lid, going to sleep or other things, but keep in mind, I ALWAYS disconnect from the AirVPN server before closing the laptop lid.

Issue:
Once in a while, Eddie starts hanging. It is connected to a server but internet is not working anymore. So then clicking on another server in the server list, initiates the disconnect from old server to new server. During this process, Eddie will now indefinitely hang. When shutting Eddie down via Win TaskManager, Eddie closes but openvpn.exe still is active under the DETAILS tab. I cannot end this task. And because of that starting Eddie again will result in not being able to connect to a new server.

The only solution is to now fully restart Windows, which is something I want to avoid at all costs, as I got 10-20 programs open that all need to be closed and then re-configured at restart.

What is causing the freezing of openvpn.exe and how can I force end the task if the issue occurs again ?

AirVPN 2.20.0 using wintun
Win 10 x64

Thanks !

Sounds a bit like a bug, as you omitted pretty much all version information. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

11 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Sounds a bit like a bug, as you omitted pretty much all version information. :)

added version information to the OP :)

like I said, this ONLY happens on the laptop. Yday night, AirVPN started hanging again when trying to disconnect from server.. waited 2 mins, was still not disconnected, so I closed the laptop lid... and this morning I find that the laptop didn't go to sleep, it ultimately shut down, closing all of my open apps... this is 100% of the hanging AirVPN process, as this machine never shuts down when closing the lid....

So... how can I force end the task of openvpn.exe when this happens again ?

Thanks.

If there is no answer, https://airvpn.org/contact.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.