Not connected, Your IP: 18.220.137.164
ev0ishere

Unable to connect to any server on AT&T mobile (mobile hotspot) (network lock on)

Hey there.. I have a dual sim phone. (AT&T and Freedom mobile) I hotspot the at&t internet connection to the computer and most often than not, on the metered connection i have issues connecting to any server. I tried a bunch of protocol options in the settings supposed to help with network caps but it  doesn't work.

Eddie connects fine on my home wifi, and with my other mobile sim provider (Freedom). On AT&T sharing the connection to the computer has to be without the network lock on. Then it connects fine. If i try to disconnect, activate network lock, connect again, i am unable to connect to any server.

What could be going on? AT&T issue? I heard they had some limit on the hotspot in terms of data caps, but that was it. I am using eddie's latest version. Any help would be appreciated.

Please get into a habit of posting the OpenVPN logs or, in case of Eddie, the support file (Logs tab > lifebelt icon). On issue descriptions alone sometimes no meaningful troubleshooting can be done without dozens of further inquiries.

Issue threads with AT&T are relatively common. If you search for "ATT" you will find some resources and probably workarounds, example:

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 8/16/2021 at 9:57 AM, OpenSourcerer said:

Please get into a habit of posting the OpenVPN logs or, in case of Eddie, the support file (Logs tab > lifebelt icon). On issue descriptions alone sometimes no meaningful troubleshooting can be done without dozens of further inquiries.

Issue threads with AT&T are relatively common. If you search for "ATT" you will find some resources and probably workarounds, example:

Thank you for getting back to me. I definitely should have ran a search first. I am sorry. I will have a look. Thanks.