Not connected, Your IP: 54.90.236.179
ARPANET+

AIRVPN-security privacy to bound to secure and protect data collected from users under the GDPR.

HELLO ALL !!

after learning around the net and some researchs im asking if AIRVPN

is included about users security privacy to bound to secure and protect data collected from users under the GDPR.

As a lightening recap; the 5 Eyes, 9 Eyes, and 14 Eyes are terms for cooperation and sharing agreements between various state intelligence agencies. The big three groupings are the 5 Eyes Alliance, 9 Eyes Alliance, and the 14 Eyes Alliance. All together, these incorporate the following countries (with Israel as an added bonus).

Australia
Belgium
Denmark
France
Germany
**********Italy********** ???  THE JURISDICTION OF AIR VPN !!!
Canada
New Zealand
Norway
Spain
Sweden
The Netherlands
The United Kingdom
The United States

AGAIN...

There are reasons to be suspicious

VPNs are controlled and restricted technologies in some countries. But statistically, people have far more reasons to be suspicious over what a VPN is doing than about revelations by Edward Snowden of international intelligence sharing. Studies have found numerous examples where VPNs actually damaged user security by leaking traffic details, adding adware, not encrypting user data, and selling user data. This is somehow less of a scandal than the potential inquiry of a state intelligence agency into an individual’s online activities.

What about my private data?

Any VPN provider does have access to user data – whether or not they admit to making logs of user activities or if it is stored. In addition to the trust element – does a user believe the provider or not – there is also the data protection angle. If a VPN provider is operating in the EU, they are bound to secure and protect data collected from users under the GDPR. Failure to do this means public reporting requirements, potential penalties, and a subsequently damaged reputation. This requirement does not exist equally in all countries. Like it or not, GDPR puts the onus on companies to be more careful with the private user data collected and stored.

Transparency over fearmongering

As a German company, Avira follows the strict German and European legal requirements concerning on a number of areas, but especially data protection requirements according to the GDPR. During 2018, we recorded 13 requests for information on Avira Phantom VPN user – which resulted in no disclosures of user information. Even more important, we received no National Security letters, no gag orders, or warrants from any government organization

While people may be understandably nervous about the 14 Eyes alliance and other data sharing agreements, the reality is that these agencies have no secret view into what Avira Phantom VPN users are doing. But on the other hand, we can offset this with the real experiences of users enjoying their virtual privacy and picking their virtual locations – secure in the knowledge that their online lives are being guarded by a company that takes privacy seriously.

some admin / sys admin can explain all this to air vpn users wich trus on you  ?

thank you

I have no idea what you really want to say here, I honestly don't. 5/9/14-eyes, yes, and then some tidbit about GDPR and trust and suddenly an open question not specifying what you want AirVPN to explain exactly.
Is your question about GDPR in general, how it works? Or about whether it works with the n-eyes thing? Or are you simply missing some GDPR info in the Privacy Policy? Can you please be a bit more precise?

During 2018, we recorded 13 requests for information on Avira Phantom VPN user – which resulted in no disclosures of user information. Even more important, we received no National Security letters, no gag orders, or warrants from any government organization

Who's "we"?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

hello ,
i was just asking if air vpn as a EU member and related with eu gdpr and the eyes to keep users data , if when asked/forced air vpn can find it self in a situation like hide my ass wich give a user infos to fbi ?

same thing happened in past with purevpn with jurisdiction at hong-kong 😞

just wondering if it may happen here a scenario like this...

my is just a curiosity about real things/facts ... may happen in virtual world and reflect to ppl real life again... 🙂

You are mixing a whole lot subjects here.
The Eyes. First of all it's about inquiries. To return something, the VPN service must have something. If the VPN does not log and is not required by law nor a court order (yet), then there's nothing to be said about a user. Even if God asked.
The next step: if e.g. US intelligence wanted something, they would need to ask Italian intelligence service who then need to do the groundwork: either by legal means (fast track and preferred courts/judges? probably possible) or literally wiretapping. Don't forget, these animals are more equal than others and are above law. Wiretapping is infeasible because they don't know what exact client on the input side corresponds to the looked for data on the outside (in other words, good luck trying to determine the suspect based on encrypted VPN traffic). Maybe if they control both the website the suspect interacts with AND are wiretapping the server then it may be possible over a long period of time. However it'd be easier for them to force the admins in one way or another. The result remains to be seen (hopefully never).
If you are not the next Snowden (noble purpose) or another political target then you don't have to worry about literal state intelligence services. Enjoy being yet another John Doe nobody cares about :)

GDPR is supposed to "protect" user data from themselves other companies. Example: AirVPN not allowed to sell your identity info to advertisers. However Facebook/Google don't need to sell/buy user data because they collect it themselves and can show targetted ads without sending your data to a 3rd company. GDPR is not meant to protect you against the state/police. They want ALL your information if they could. If any information is saved, a legal request is enough. SOL

From reading the about/FAQ it was very clear what kind of Free and Open Internet AirVPN stands for and which part of that movement they are. Basically: don't be evil. Can't say it in plaintext because the Big Brother is watching.
Disclaimer: the above is my understanding and I'm not a lawyer. Though ask yourself: what a sad world we're living in if you need to be a lawyer just to reason about laws concerning every single individual...