Not connected, Your IP: 54.226.210.133

Hey there.

I am completly new to this game.

I have a small trail for 3 days and I want to set it up for Jdownloader 2 (and just for that one programm).

Can someone give me a very easy tutorial for that?

And a small question: If I use Eddie to connect to a VPN, does this mean all my programs are using that one? Even the ones I have not restartet?

Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, ZarraMutta said:

And a small question: If I use Eddie to connect to a VPN, does this mean all my programs are using that one? Even the ones I have not restartet?

This is correct. VPNs don't operate on the application level, they work with IP addresses. The moment you connect with OpenVPN, everything on the system is routed through that VPN connection, including JDownloader.

I'm afraid, if you want to route only one application, it sounds like you will be leaving your comfort zone in no time. The easiest solution for you is to simply connect to AirVPN and route everything.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Posted ... (edited)

Thanks for the help.

I can put proxy information directly into JDownloader 2. Would that be possible? (And would that be anonymous enough for a download?)

Edited ... by ZarraMutta

I have read that in iOS, however, only new TCP connections go through the VPN.  TCP connections that were up before the VPN is started continue as before without VPN protection.  This is a recognized iOS issue or was when I read it a few months ago.  The workaround is supposedly to start the VPN then briefly disconnect wifi (or cellular data or just use airplane mode briefly) to force TCP connections to terminate and be restarted upon reconnection to the network.  Wish I knew whether this actually works. 

My memory is inadequate to the task of saying for sure where I read this.  Maybe ars technica or ZDNet?

Can't think of a way to really verify any of this.  I do keep a FIrefox Mobile tab open in iOS to ipleak.net and find that engaging a VPN and refreshing the tab does show the vpn server's exit IP.  So I haven't actually seen the problematic behavior.  Or maybe Apple fixed it already.  If anyone knows, do chime in.

20 hours ago, ZarraMutta said:

I can put proxy information directly into JDownloader 2. Would that be possible? (And would that be anonymous enough for a download?)

You can put proxy info in pretty much every networking application. But AirVPN does not offer proxies.
Also, neither proxies nor VPNs make you anonymous, you must be aware of that.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.