Not connected, Your IP: 54.166.223.204
RandomlyGenerated

Network Issues, Ambiguous gateway (2 Matches)

Hello, I am looking for specific advice for my specific network issue.

Forgive me for making a new post, I did see at least one other thread with this issue, but the solution for that thread was not clear for my specific network setup.

I always use the experimental version of eddie on windows 10 LTSC. Currently my network looks like this  Direct fiber to my ONT >  ONT has a single port > ONT port directly to AC-5300 router via CAT6.  My router is 192.168.1.1 . Then my desktop is connected directly to the router via CAT6 to two Gbit ports. Both Gbit network adapters have IPv6 unchecked in the adapter properties in windows 10. Then on my desktop I am using dnscrypt with a program called simplednscrypt so both of my motherboard network adapters are configured to have 127.0.0.1 as the only dns server.

My problem is that every time I connect to a server with eddie I am getting this warning that my route gateway is ambiguous because there are 2 matches for 192.168.1.1

I sincerely appreciate any guidance that can be provided.

2021-04-12_15-38-16.png

2021-04-19_09-30-34.png

2021-04-19_11-26-38.png

30 minutes ago, RandomlyGenerated said:

My problem is that every time I connect to a server with eddie I am getting this warning that my route gateway is ambiguous because there are 2 matches for 192.168.1.1

Well, think about it for one second why this might be. :)
Hint:
30 minutes ago, RandomlyGenerated said:

Then my desktop is connected directly to the router via CAT6 to two Gbit ports.

Two interfaces connected to the same network, having the same nexthop address of 192.168.1.1. Ergo, adding a route via 192.168.1.1 is inevitably ambiguous. Which interface should it be routed through?

Now people need to ask: What do you hope to achieve connecting your machine twice to the same router? Double throughput?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.