Not connected, Your IP: 3.92.96.247
Bulkley

email blacklisted for abuse

Google mail blocked several of my emails.  The excuse was . . .  smtp; 552 5.2.0 xxxx "blacklisted for abuse."   I don't know what the abuse thing is all about.  A typical example was a note to my son and cced to daughter; my son got his copy , my daughter's was blocked.  Why?  The only difference I can see is that my son uses gmail and my daughter uses Shaw.  None of the blocked emails contained anything remotely suspect.  

In response I have upgraded my eddie-ui to version 2.20.0 and changed to an  Airvpn server in Toronto.  I have used Vancouver servers for a long time without incident but started having problems including spam warnings of late. 

So, what's this "blacklisted for abuse" all about?  What should I do about it? 

It's not about the mails, it's about the IPs. Shaw might've entered the AirVPN server IP address in their blocklist, so you cannot send mails to them using that AirVPN server address.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thank you.  All the blocked emails were sent to shaw.ca addresses.  I hadn't noticed that.   One would think they could have said that.  It's curious that Shaw didn't block all the emails I sent to shaw.ca addresses, just a few of them.  So, hopefully, a change of Airvpn servers will solve it. 

3 hours ago, Bulkley said:

So, hopefully, a change of Airvpn servers will solve it. 

And what kind of a change are you expecting AirVPN to do? It's not like AirVPN blocked your mails, it was Shaw.

Yes, I realize now that it is a Shaw problem.  I did not realize that until your first reply because the abuse fault was so misleading.  You answered that, thank you. 

If Shaw is blocking specific  IPs then switching to a AirVPN server address that is not on their list I should be OK.  On the other hand, if Shaw is blocking all VPNs then I'll have to turn eddie-ui off in order to send mail.  Is that right? 

2 hours ago, Bulkley said:

On the other hand, if Shaw is blocking all VPNs then I'll have to turn eddie-ui off in order to send mail.  Is that right?

It's the easiest solution. The more complicated would be to add Shaw IP addresses to the exclusion list. Then it's routed outside the tunnel while you're connected.