Not connected, Your IP: 44.201.199.251
kfrida72

Eddie frequently disconnecting/microdropping on new computer

Hello,

I have been using AirVPN/Eddie happily for years now.  I recently got a new computer and have been having significant issues with Eddie disconnecting/microdropping constantly, which subsequently disconnects me from the internet.  This happens several times an hour at least- sometimes it's every couple minutes- and makes the computer near unusable.  My wifi does not seem to do this when I have AirVPN/Eddie disconnected/exited. 

I still use my old computer sometimes, and AirVPN/Eddie is still working perfectly there- no noticeable drops or disconnects.  I have Eddie version 2.18.9 on both computers and I made sure the settings were mirrored/identical.  (I cannot download 2.20.0- I tried and had the same problem this person experienced https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/49210-installation-and-launch-problems/, and did not see any solution in the forums.)  My new computer is Windows 10 Home Build 19042.  My old computer is Windows 10 Home Build 18363. 

Other than the constant disconnects, the only difference I can see is in the wifi icons and network order listing when Eddie is connected.  On my old computer, when Eddie is connected my wifi symbol shows the radio waves symbol image.png.cb4787ba1462cb2fecd2e1adb684aead.png, and when I hover over it, it lists my home network name first and Local Area Connection below it.  On my new computer, when Eddie is connected I see the computer monitor/ethernet cable symbol image.png.bc75fd6f271b54e197a1389fd0287005.png, and when I hover over it, it lists Local Area Connection first and my home network name below it.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, kfrida72 said:

My new computer is Windows 10 Home Build 19042.  My old computer is Windows 10 Home Build 18363. 

This is another difference. If it works on 18363 but not on 19042, something might've changed in the newer version of Windows itself.

Anyway, have a session where the connection dropped once or twice, then go to Logs tab, click the lifebelt icon right of the logs and paste or upload the output here.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.