Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.137.243
Aronos

Some things I do require my VPN to be turned off, any work around?

For some work related tasks and even things like watching Hulu, I have to disable AirVPN to access some things since they recognize that I'm using a VPN or sometimes just an IP with a high amount of traffic. Is there anyway around this?

I would really prefer to just get to the point that I can enable network lock full-time since disabling my VPN for periods of time kind of defeats the point of having a VPN you know?

8 hours ago, Aronos said:

I would really prefer to just get to the point that I can enable network lock full-time since disabling my VPN for periods of time kind of defeats the point of having a VPN you know?

I'm afraid you're at a bit of an impasse with IPTV/VoD providers, since allowing VPNs on their site defeats the purpose of purchasing licenses for broadcasting certain movies in certain regions of the world, so you will not get a satisfactory answer. AirVPN tries to work around this limitation by routing requests to supported websites over a double-hop server when configured to do so. The decision whether to reroute or not to reroute is made by AirDNS, i.e. querying the DNS servers AirVPN provides.

The current state of affairs is that Hulu is not supported by AirVPN because the rerouting servers themselves are being detected as VPN servers.

8 hours ago, Aronos said:

Is there anyway around this?

For your work-related things, if the IP addresses are static, you could add them as exceptions. This will route them outside the tunnel while the rest still uses the VPN tunnel.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks for the info OS! Hulu isn't exactly high-priority by any means, but if there was a work around I was just hoping to find it. No worries though! Is there any possibility this might change in the future? It seems unlikely since Hulu and other services probably have a significant financial obligation to monitor these things. I don't know anything about anything, but I imagine any sort of high-volume traffic that my result from some kind of work around would probably be picked up and blocked again.

6 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:
For your work-related things, if the IP addresses are static, you could add them as exceptions. This will route them outside the tunnel while the rest still uses the VPN tunnel.

Is it safe to assume that this is also true for games and other things too? Add the server IP to the exception list to route outside of the VPN to be able to still run the VPN without needing to worry about latency.

It seems like it worked for one game I tested. However, for the work related matter I tried looking up the domain IP, which uses Single Sign-On through a Security Token Service but wasn't able to find the IP when plugging it in to various tools. Do you have any recommendations of how to find it?

Thank you for the info.

3 hours ago, Aronos said:

Is there any possibility this might change in the future?

The current state of affairs is at least a year old, more specifically, the Hulu entry in the forum linked prior is hidden since Feb 2020. People are constantly checking services, so maybe at some point someone will report a positive result. But for now it looks like it will be like that for years to come.

Is it safe to assume that this is also true for games and other things too? Add the server IP to the exception list to route outside of the VPN to be able to still run the VPN without needing to worry about latency.

True, however it depends on the game. If it's your own Minecraft server, it probably will work. If it's League of Legends or CS:GO, their servers tend to be load-balanced all the time, so single IPs could be useless.

Do you have any recommendations of how to find it?

I assume you're on Windows, so when connecting you could try netstat on command prompt or PowerShell. Requires a slight drop of knowledge about the Windows command line, though. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hi there.
As a workaround, here I posted what I do to get an "out of the VPN" web browser. This should work for anything you need outside the VPN in a web browser.. and you might be able to use it for other things with some changes..
You need a device out of the VPN, a raspberry in my case: