Not connected, Your IP: 3.215.183.194

I am trying to forward TCP port 32400 using DD_WRT using the following rules:-

iptables -I FORWARD -i tun0 -p tcp -d destIP --dport port -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun0 -p tcp --dport port -j DNAT --to-destination destIP

However when i check using  https://www.canyouseeme.org/  I can see that the port is still closed? I have tried 3 different NL servers so far?

If I try and forward port TCP port 32400 using Your forwarded ports, a random port is created. However I I run the TCP test I keep getting Error 110 connection timed out.

If I try and use Your forwarded ports and just let random ports be selected, they too fail the TCP test?

I have confirmed that tun0 is the correct for my router

Port 32400 is the internal management port for PLEX. Meaning, it's the port you would access from your local network only. If you're attempting to access it from outside of your home network, you need to setup a port on Air (e.g. 1234) and have your router forward any incoming traffic on the connection to that port (e.g. 1234), to the device running PLEX. In your PLEX options, you manually specify a port for forwarding, which is the port on Air (e.g. 1234). PLEX should then indicate it's reachable outside of your network.

I had so many problems with Plex and port forwarding.

My solution was to:
1. Get a random port from AirVPN
2. Set the local port on AirVPN to 32400
3. Set the port in Plex to default (32400)

When I tried chaning the port on Plex to anything else, my port would always be closed when I checked.
Hosting anything else on the same port, like a webserver, would work perfectly.

I have got it working, I needed to put the iptables rules in the startup script box in DD-WRT instead of the firewall script box.

Plex reports that in has no connection to the outside world, but it works fine on wireless devices of my network?

I tried the solution in the post above and found it didnt work, also once I had created a random port, if I run the TCP test it would fail, with an Error 1110?

Posted ... (edited)

The Startup commands are only executed at boot. The Firewall commands are executed multiple times in a normal boot cycle and also when you Apply certain GUI pages to tweak things. Maybe other times as well... I don't remember. Any time the firewall needs to be rebuilt/reinitialized. At each such time that occurs after your Startup commands are run, you will lose any firewall commands you created with iptables commands in Startup. So putting iptables commands in the Startup box is generally a bad idea. 

In any case, I discovered all this by putting a command

date >> /tmp/root/fwlog

in the Firewall box, rebooting, and then having a look at the file later using ssh. If you want the date lines in the syslog instead, you can use something like this in the Firewall box instead:

echo 'commands executed' | logger -t Firewall

Edited ... by SurprisedItWorks

Ive tried  connecting to my Plex server with AirVPN in the past with no luck. I've tried various ways and read pretty much every post but nothing works for me. I must be doing something wrong but this is my last attempt to fix this so here goes my setup :
Plex runs on a QNAP nas , the NAS connects to a AsusMerlin router running the VPN. I want access outside of my home network so:
Plex is running on 32400 .I have an AirVPN port setup to forward to this Plex port. When I enable Remote Access on Plex it works for 2 secs then fails. The AirVPN port is showing RED closed?
So in AsusMerlin I Port Forward  AirVPN port to local port 32400 with the IP of the NAS. This also doesnt work.
 Do I need an IP table entry ? If I do Ive tried that also i.e 
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p tcp --dport XXXXX -j DNAT --to-destination (IP of Plex server)
This also doesnt work.
The AirVPN remains a closed port?
What am I doing wrong ?

On 2/17/2021 at 8:39 AM, clevoir said:

I have got it working, I needed to put the iptables rules in the startup script box in DD-WRT instead of the firewall script box.

Plex reports that in has no connection to the outside world, but it works fine on wireless devices of my network?

I tried the solution in the post above and found it didnt work, also once I had created a random port, if I run the TCP test it would fail, with an Error 1110?

My works behind a reverse proxy server and in the dashboard it will always show not connected. Plex likes UPNP so when you deny it that it turns red.

using a port and having your security gateway do the port forward is the best way to get it done.