Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.42.94
pitibij554

[SPLIT] No subject

As far as I understand, you can connect through VPN and using the exit IP to connect to Tor (hiding the Tor connection from your ISP). I have only used Tor once to review a book from a big book sharing site - it was pretty simple actually, just downloaded the Tor browser and used it (as far as I remember). Don't like it though, the media has done a very well job of making me think that all sorts of bad stuff happens at Tor so are staying away from now. 

Off-topic: glad to see that we don't agree on everything - if I ruled the world every human being would have free healthcare in return for total collection of everything related to you, DNA, diseases, and so on in order to progress medical technology (non-profit). BTW - in my opinion - DNA is hugely overrated. The things they can relate to your person stops at the color of your hair, your eyes, heritage, genetic diseases and so on. It won't tell you the day at which you will get your driver license, your first job, which education you will have etc. All that information, on the other hand, can possible be assembled by the way you act and behave (interests, etc.), which is why I don't like the stuff Google and other tech companies are doing. 

Please don't take this as rude of me to say, but I think you're showing your age and immaturity, on both counts.

Tor - Why would what other people say about something dictate what you think about it? Form your own opinion, research, test, think critically. Tor network has pedophiles using it. So do cars. The rest of the thinking I leave to you. (Hint: Cars have uses for all purposes, whether some do evil with them or not, doesn't remove the honest need for transport. Ditto for Tor, where privacy and anonymity should be a right, or at least achievable where it is not a right, which is the great purpose served by Tor)

I will just say I am glad you don't 'rule the world'. Did you forget who might actually PAY for the doctors, buildings, training, medicine, CT scanners, ambulances..... Oh yeah, all that non profit medical research.....  :)

I am sorry, I might have misled you into thinking I am younger. The example with drivers license, first job and so on is purely coincidental with youngsters. I am not a youngster.

As for Tor you are correct in thinking why I am steering free of the network. My understanding is that by using Tor I will actually aid those people by helping them extend the server pool, which is why I don't generally use it. 

I see, maybe its a slight language barrier. no worries either way.

I don't understand your avoidance of Tor at all. It's your choice of course, but I don't see the logic in your refusal to use it. I don't use it, but that's because I need full website functions and have enough trouble just using VPNs (I do a lot of work online with websites and stuff, and I need a very "normie" response from sites and the internet in general!). But my main reason for not using it is because I am sure my ISP flag users and I don't want to give them any reason to flag me even though VPN usage probably already has been logged somewhere. I am interested in learning how to use AirVPN to hide my use of Tor, just so I can have a look around Tor (i am merely curious). But it's not a priority or necessary, just curiosity. Air serves my needs for some extra privacy and security just fine and always will

Using Tor won't aid anyone except the ability of everyone to be a bit more "anonymous" in the pool of users. Do you use a VPN? I assume you do because you're here. Did you know criminals and pedophiles use VPNs too? Do you use a phone, do you use a car, do you use a computer.... ? :)

As you write, and as I also stated before, I don't want to aid in helping them becoming "a bit more anonymous", which is why I don't generally use Tor.

Privacy is bad.  That realization is going to take perhaps even more than one generation, but not two.  New paradigm, apparently.  This sucks though, in certain ways.