Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.48.135
polomintus

Should I disable IPv6 in Eddie? and Windows Interfaces?

Hi Guys,

So, I know a little bit around networking but not a great deal when it comes to VPN's. 

I have a 1000/1000mbit FTTP connection and trying to get the best speeds possible, I know there's a many thread about changing the UDP/TCP size to 256kb and 512kb, and to try different protocols which I am in the process.

Sadly the ISP I'm with provides a VoIP service which your telephone which plugs directly into the router, sadly, they refuse to give out the VoIP sip details so I'm stuck with having to use their router, and then using my ubiquiti as bridge. I have no QoS enabled on the ubiquiti and the ISP router appears to have no QoS option which I suspect there is, but hidden due to the nature of VoIP needing some form of QoS generally but maybe not with FTTP I dunno.

Anyway, in the ISP router log I'm seeing lots errors:

Failed to send DHCPV6 message to ff02::1:2

My ISP does not support IPv6 so is the error being caused by Windows Interface Connections with the Protocol IPv6 or the Eddie Software?

If my ISP does not support IPv6 does this mean neither does the VPN? Should I disable IPv6 in Windows Interfaces? and within the Eddie software?

This error is irrelevant to VPN functionality. It literally shows that your router can't reach a DHCP server autoconfiguring IPv6 connectivity. You might as well disable IPv6 on that ISP router altogether.

4 hours ago, polomintus said:

If my ISP does not support IPv6 does this mean neither does the VPN? Should I disable IPv6 in Windows Interfaces? and within the Eddie software?

No, no and no. All operating systems out there support v6, and OpenVPN supports tunneling v6 packets over a v4 connection. I think Eddie does that with its default Networking settings in Preferences, too. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.