Jump to content
Not connected, Your IP: 216.73.217.175
89039sa

Network lock disables kvm networks

Recommended Posts

I'm using virt-manager and all my created networks stop working when i enable the network lock. Is there some script I could run to renable the networks with the network lock enabled? 

 

Share this post


Link to post

You don't need scripts for this, just a few firewall exceptions. NetLock allows connections to AirVPN servers and, depending on the config, to/from your local network only and blocks everything else. To allow the network libvirt opens, something like this in Eddie Preferences > Routes will help:

IP/Host/Range: <the network range libvirt is configured to use>
When connected: Outside the tunnel
Notes: <some description for you, it's not processed>

.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/22/2020 at 8:54 PM, Tech Jedi Alex said:

You don't need scripts for this, just a few firewall exceptions. NetLock allows connections to AirVPN servers and, depending on the config, to/from your local network only and blocks everything else. To allow the network libvirt opens, something like this in Eddie Preferences > Routes will help:

IP/Host/Range: <the network range libvirt is configured to use>
When connected: Outside the tunnel
Notes: <some description for you, it's not processed>

.
Has anyone tested this?
It didn't work for me.

Share this post


Link to post

I found this frustrating a year or so ago.  I was trying to use kvm for my virtual machines.  The KVMs worked flawlessly  without Eddie but that is my VPN.  Anytime I mounted Eddie my firewall was dead in the water.  My conventional VMs are slower using VBox but they work flawlessly and I got tired of attempting to get the nework lock to play well with  KVM.  My crappy answer was to go buy major hardware upgrades so the speed difference was made up for by hardware "power".  Don't know if I ever want to go back to that soooooooooooooooooo frustrating experience.  I even had some great members here PM to offer private customization but the process was freaking beyond crazy.  So I just stick with VBox and the simplicity is better for me than the alternative.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, I understand from researching this that some other VPN's suffer the same issues. 
It seems when a VPN rewrites the firewall it overwrites the rules libvirt needs to make the NAT connection or maintain the same if the NAT was established before the vpn was was put into service with a network lock enabled.


 

Share this post


Link to post

Thing is, the alternative, which is merging firewall rules, does not guarantee a solid Network Lock. It's a difficult problem to tackle.


NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Security Check
    Play CAPTCHA Audio
    Refresh Image

×
×
  • Create New...