Not connected, Your IP: 3.84.7.255
mazeman23

Checking route IPv6 needed?

Hi,
Always when i connect eddie the most time of the 45 Seconds needed to go online is needed by "Checking route IPv6" is there a way to shut this off until the devs find a better solution to shorten the connect time?

Not a software problem, not sure why you want to wait on the developers.
Please paste/upload a support file of Eddie after connection. It's in Logs tab > lifebelt icon. Thanks.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Why should i load up a log file..this function  "Checking route IPv6" is a part of Eddie but it needs almost 30 secs always. I´m not the only one who finds this way to long for connecting. That´s why i asked if its possible to shut this Ip6 checking off in eddie

And btw i once had the rights to post freely in this forum than i got punished by a admin with a temp ban to write. This ban is long finished but i still need aproval from a mod...so please have a look over it...

1 hour ago, mazeman23 said:

Why should i load up a log file..this function  "Checking route IPv6" is a part of Eddie but it needs almost 30 secs always. I´m not the only one who finds this way to long for connecting. That´s why i asked if its possible to shut this Ip6 checking off in eddie

You could set in Preferences > Networking > Layer IPv6 to Block and Internet Protocol used for connection to IPv4 only. But that's hardly a fix, more like a workaround.
To find out why Eddie delays v6 checking so much, the support file I was asking for can give clues. You're facing something on your system rather than Eddie itself, because otherwise hundreds of others would've gotten the same problem. :)

And btw i once had the rights to post freely in this forum than i got punished by a admin with a temp ban to write. This ban is long finished but i still need aproval from a mod...so please have a look over it...

Somewhere deep in my mind I remember your username, but what exactly prompted this I cannot say. If you follow me here, I could take a look at your post history and get pack to you via private message (otherwise, mods don't see such things).

16 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

You could set in Preferences > Networking > Layer IPv6 to Block and Internet Protocol used for connection to IPv4 only. But that's hardly a fix, more like a workaround.
To find out why Eddie delays v6 checking so much, the support file I was asking for can give clues. You're facing something on your system rather than Eddie itself, because otherwise hundreds of others would've gotten the same problem. :)

Thx your settings tips worked it is now almost instant. The logs i will send you as PM. Im also on Eddie 2.18.5 because every other Version from 2.19.4 and down cannot keep the setting "don't ask evelation every run" saved.

Here he has the same issue:
I have a feeling it is intended by Eddie

I went through the log and can't help but notice the TAP adapter might've had a hiccup. Try closing Eddie and uninstalling it, then launch Eddie and let it reinstall the adapter. Also, while doing that, try the newest beta which is 2.19.5. :)