Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.224.197

Maybe I just never noticed before but while only downloading some torrents, Eddie shows that I am sending 2-3 Mbits/s also.  Even though I am not uploading anything according to qBittorrent. Is this normal and I just never noticed it?

The process of downloading something does not work without a very small amount of upload traffic. In case of TCP for example your computer must send status packets about whether packets received were done so successfully or not, because if not, the remote host can send the same packet again. In case of BitTorrent the connections are usually UDP, but some status info is constantly shared with all trackers of a torrent. Usually this is not a constant stream.

Did you try looking at network usage with your OS programs, like Task Manager on Windows? Do you observe the same behavior there?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thank you for the quick response.  Yes.  In Resource Monitor I can see that openvpn is sending 2-3 Mbits/s just like Eddie is reporting.  I understand that some traffic would be normal during a TCP/IP conversation but 2-3 Mbits/s seemed excessive.  The torrents just completed and now by outbound traffic has ceased as well.  I recently upgraded my internet to a faster speed and I am downloading faster now.  Maybe that accounts for the increase in outbound traffic as well?

21 minutes ago, tzuriel said:

I recently upgraded my internet to a faster speed and I am downloading faster now.  Maybe that accounts for the increase in outbound traffic as well?

If you're on a line beyond 100 MBit/s downlink, then it's entirely possible.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.