Not connected, Your IP: 44.221.43.88
whoami

Maximum 5 Connections Reached?

I've been an AirVPN user for years and have never had any real issues.
Last week my wife signed up for her own account and paid for a subscription. Received all the confirmation emails.
We're both using the same router, ISP etc from separate PC's.
After first install on her PC everything worked OK. I connected from my PC using my account and she did the same using her account on her PC.
Then the next day when she tried to connect Eddie just kept restarting and giving the message about maximum 5 connections per account limit reached endlessly.
I uninstalled and re-installed Eddie and the first time after that it connected without issue. Then after reboot she's back to the restarting and 5 connections reached message loop.
The only difference between our two installs is that when Eddie starts on her PC she always gets a UAC message asking her to confirm she wants to run Eddie. I've never had that message, it just runs immediately.
We haven't tinkered with any settings. Both accounts and PC installs use exactly the same settings.
Meanwhile I connect through my account with no problems at all.
We both run Win 10 2004. Mine's a desktop and hers is a laptop and we connect to the router via wireless.
Anyone any ideas?

Hello.
I don't know what can be happening there but I would start checking the information shown about my sessions in this web page.
In your client area there's a section called sessions where you can see which sessions are active for this account.
You can check this from both your accounts but your wife's should show the 5 allowed sessions in use.
You can force them to disconnect from this very page and should be able to connect them.
But none of this would explain how or why this sessions where active.
Did you share her password or certificates through any public mean?

Well, start checking this out and think of changing her PW and certificates in case you suspect someone else is connecting under her account.

… most importantly, in Eddie, Logs > lifebelt icon of your wife's installation after she tried connections! Upload the output here. Because I see one problem, and that's the constant restarting, which needs to be solved, nothing around it yet.
Now, the "symptoms" suggest that Eddie manages to connect successfully, but something kills off the connection abruptly. Since UDP is the default and a connectionless protocol, my theory of what happens is that, while the server still has a connection, a second, third, fourth, fifth connection is made while the first didn't timeout yet, so when the sixth connection is initiated, the client logically will be denied until the first connection times out. This must happen rather quick, though. Here the support file, generated by the mentioned lifebelt icon, can really help with a solution.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

15 hours ago, giganerd said:

… most importantly, in Eddie, Logs > lifebelt icon of your wife's installation after she tried connections! Upload the output here. Because I see one problem, and that's the constant restarting, which needs to be solved, nothing around it yet.
Now, the "symptoms" suggest that Eddie manages to connect successfully, but something kills off the connection abruptly. Since UDP is the default and a connectionless protocol, my theory of what happens is that, while the server still has a connection, a second, third, fourth, fifth connection is made while the first didn't timeout yet, so when the sixth connection is initiated, the client logically will be denied until the first connection times out. This must happen rather quick, though. Here the support file, generated by the mentioned lifebelt icon, can really help with a solution.

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I did the uninstall/re-install again yesterday and as previously immediately after re-install Eddie worked flawlessly. Then this morning after start up we got the small opening screen pop up which then freezes. Have to use Task Manager to close it.
No doubt this is another jolly little Windows 10 'nuance'.
Anyway I'll try to dig out the log manually.

5 hours ago, whoami said:

No doubt this is another jolly little Windows 10 'nuance'.
Anyway I'll try to dig out the log manually.

Let's not jump to conclusions. And you don't need to dig up anything. Just do what you did to reproduce the problem and when it hits, in Eddie's Logs tab, click the lifebelt icon. It will include the log along with, well, life-saving information. That's why it's a lifebelt. :D

OK, finally got the log after Eddie started playing up yesterday. It worked OK for a day with no input or changes made, then the next day back to the restart loop and now refuses to start with a message about elevated privileges. I think my wife's laptop is haunted.
Hope this helps

Log27Aug.txt

The log outlines that the problem is already there when Eddie starts. Was Eddie started directly after boot in this case?

Hi
In this case it was manually started just after log in. It doesn't seem to make any difference whether it's started automatically or manually.