Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.132.214
hellerlorder

Question torrent detection showing ipv6 adress

Sometimes when I run the Torrent Adress Detection in ipleak net, for 99% of the time I see the ipv4 adress (of the airvpn vpn I am using) but then it can show the ipv6 adress for one test and go back to ipv4. Is this normal behavior?

Depends. If both v4 and v6 are the ones from the AirVPN server, it doesn't really matter what comes up. But if the v6 is from your own ISP, you must examine your torrent client's settings, because it's leaking somewhere.
The torrent client makes the connections to the tracker, so it uses its own connection settings. Some clients can use both versions, others can only use one at the same time. Refer to your client's manual for this.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 8/18/2020 at 1:28 AM, Flx said:
Unless you "absolutely" need an IPv6 address. Disable it by
----------
#push-peer-info
----------
Could you please explain bit more specific what do you mean. Disabling ipv6 in eddie settings (only ipv4) did not solve this problem, (tho this might be a non-issue anyway since its always the airvpn ipv6 adress).

On 8/22/2020 at 7:44 PM, hellerlorder said:

Could you please explain bit more specific what do you mean. Disabling ipv6 in eddie settings (only ipv4) did not solve this problem, (tho this might be a non-issue anyway since its always the airvpn ipv6 adress).

If push-peer-info is as it is you will always get an IPv4 and an IPv6 client-side. You will see this when you login(Client area).
If defined as  ###push-peer-info now you will only get an IPv4 address.
In Eddie-->>Custom directives-->> add this ###push-peer-info
In yourconfigfile.ovpn --->>add this ###push-peer-info instead of default option already set push-peer-info.

Quote from openvpn.net:
"It [push-peer-info] sends version, platform, mac of the default gw and all environment variables that begin with UV_ to the server"