Not connected, Your IP: 3.21.248.119
Edelsilber

Eddie is almost consistently at less than 9 kbit/s, often displaying 0 bit/s, regardless of server.

The last time I tried to ask this kind of question, all I got for an answer was, in all words used of the quote: "I would increase the send and the receiver buffer to 512kb "

I don't even know where or what a send and receiver buffer is at this point. The client area doesn't look like what I used to think it did, and I basically haven't touched any settings for anything since my initial setup years ago.

Now it's telling me I'm using 0 of 20 ports and don't have an API on which I don't feel like is what it used to be...but I don't even remember what those things are even for either.

This is not the only issue, at times it tells me the IPv4 check or something fails, and several times it may disconnect without my input.

The only solution I have ever found to temporarily make anything work out is my restarting my computer (just restarting Eddie isn't good enough) but even that at times brings no differences in results.

One thing I noticed is that for some reason I can use my browser internet reasonably fine. However my downloads act as if they cannot receive any data at all, even as little as the metadata of a torrent that tells me what files its even for.

I have attached the most recent log made. I don't know how to distinguish which have useful information and which do not.

airvpnlog.txt

After a session like that in your logs, in Eddie's Logs tab, click the lifebelt icon instead and upload or paste the output here. Gives us more info on your setup.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello,

11 hours ago, Edelsilber said:

I don't even know where or what a send and receiver buffer is at this point. The client area doesn't look like what I used to think it did, and I basically haven't touched any settings for anything since my initial setup years ago.

I think this is done in Preferences -> Networking, here, you will find "TCP/UDP send buffer size" and TCP/UDP receive buffer size.

As for your version of eddie, there is a newer version 2.18.9 or so that you might want to check out.

1 hour ago, giganerd said:

After a session like that in your logs, in Eddie's Logs tab, click the lifebelt icon instead and upload or paste the output here. Gives us more info on your setup.

Just went into it to make one, since I can reliably expect the session to be unfavorable. Haven't done anything like update Eddie to a new version yet.

airvpnlog.txt

So, since I wasn't receiving more answers for a while, I went and installed the new Eddie client and also made a new port. On the day that I did, things went smoothly, I was seeing normal speed numbers again.

One day after, I'm back to where I started. The speeds are so low that my downloads fail to identify themselves again, and torrents begin as stalled.

airvpnlog.txt

2 hours ago, jeuia3e9x74uxu6wk0r2u9kdos said:

Because it is possible that your ISP is capping your VPN connection could you try this?

Eddie -> Settings -> protocols ->  Protocol SSL port 443 and if this does not work ,28439 (both).

I tried them both but neither seemed to have done anything in a short time period, how long should it take for new results?

9 hours ago, Edelsilber said:
11 hours ago, jeuia3e9x74uxu6wk0r2u9kdos said:

Because it is possible that your ISP is capping your VPN connection could you try this?

Eddie -> Settings -> protocols ->  Protocol SSL port 443 and if this does not work ,28439 (both).

I tried them both but neither seemed to have done anything in a short time period, how long should it take for new results?

Because the SSL "masks" the fact that you are using a VPN, the effect should be immediately visible after rebooting both your PC and router and connecting automatically using that.

It seems to be going well from two separate instances within today so far, I'll give it a week to see if it gets worse again but if there's no word from me after it's probably solved.