Not connected, Your IP: 3.85.9.208
mandoran

ANSWERED VPN no longer works on (legacy) Chromebook

The instructions on site for using AirVPN on Chromebooks no longer works, at least for me. I did a complete rerun of the process after my previously working installation began to insist on the non-needed password. The new installation now only returns a Network connection error.

Is there no longer a working method for using AirVPN on older Chromebooks (mine became legacy a little while ago and cannot workaround by installing the Android app) or is there a solution?

Just tried the entire process again, now only getting empty user.p12 files after generating a chromeos config... 

Thanks for this, but it seems like a last resort. Is there any known reason for the non-generation (or acceptance, maybe?) of .p12 files that might solve a reinstall? Or any changes to the AirVPN configuration files, or Chrome, known to invalidate the usual installation?

Try downloading all 3 files as a zip.  I run linux and experimented with downloading the CA crt, AirVPN onc, and user.p12 file.  Individually, the user.p12 file was empty, 0 bytes, but in the zip archive it shows 6.3 kB.  Now, I can't open p12 files on my computer, but there's definitely data in there.

First: thanks again, your tip did indeed produce a .p12 fiile with content - surely this should be flagged up on the site's procedural?
Second: still can't connect. I see that some people blame this problem on a browser update that has gone unfixed; but it wouldn't surprise me if it is a security 'feature' for legacy Chromebooks. 

I guess I will just use other devices for secure tasks until I feel the need to get a new Chromebook.