Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.191.214
k2a

Filtered traffic by country?

Governments in several countries are, or are thinking about logging traffic crossing their border. Is there a possibility, either with software from AirVPN or otherwise, to filter traffic in any way? I'm not thinklng about filtered by software, like browsers, email programs and so on. I'm thinking of filtering either in the VPN software or in a router.

If a country has logging of traffic crossing the border, I would like to be able to send any traffic to my country via normal traffic, and everything else via VPN to a country that does not log things at the border. 

The easiest way COULD be to have a list of IP ranges your country uses, and filter anything in those IP ranges outside the VPN. But, I'm not a programmer, and don't know how do get this done.

I would be willing to pay AirVPN a little extra per month if this was made a feature.

24 minutes ago, k2a said:

Governments in several countries are, or are thinking about logging traffic crossing their border.

Source? Sounds like a complicated paraphrase for "we will log all traffic", in which case you'd be better off staying connected to a VPN server all the time. Then they can log your connection there if that's what turns them on. :)

24 minutes ago, k2a said:

Is there a possibility, either with software from AirVPN or otherwise, to filter traffic in any way? I'm not thinklng about filtered by software, like browsers, email programs and so on. I'm thinking of filtering either in the VPN software or in a router.

Of course. This concept is called a firewall. :D

25 minutes ago, k2a said:

If a country has logging of traffic crossing the border, I would like to be able to send any traffic to my country via normal traffic, and everything else via VPN to a country that does not log things at the border. 

Traffic is crossing borders all the time, sometimes even if source and destination is in the same country. As I wrote above, I think what they wanted to say was "we will start logging all traffic".

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

USA logs everything. Sweden logs anything crossing their borders, including traffic going to other countries (just passing Sweden). Other countries are also going to start log everything passing their borders, but some of them are "just" going to log metadata.

Yes, I know a firewall can be made to do what I think of, but it's not exactly an easy setup. Constantly updating IP ranges you want to go through the normal internet connection, and not to slow down everything too much, I guess a rather powerful PC is needed, with 3 network ports (LAN, WAN, VPN). Or?

I would like a system where traffic to my country is on WAN, and everything else to VPN, so the government just sees encrypted data from me crossing the "border".

They have no right watching what I do online, and this "border logging" will only log what innocent people does, and stupid criminals. Smart criminals will easily get past the border logging.

USA logs everything. Sweden logs anything crossing their borders, including traffic going to other countries (just passing Sweden). Other countries are also going to start log everything passing their borders, but some of them are "just" going to log metadata.

Again: Source?

Yes, I know a firewall can be made to do what I think of, but it's not exactly an easy setup. Constantly updating IP ranges you want to go through the normal internet connection, and not to slow down everything too much, I guess a rather powerful PC is needed, with 3 network ports (LAN, WAN, VPN). Or?

A firewall doesn't slow down anything. With growing rulesets you might simply find yourself more restricted. But as Mr. trott3r noted, no firewall can prevent communication outside your country if it's not the destination.

27 minutes ago, k2a said:

I would like a system where traffic to my country is on WAN, and everything else to VPN, so the government just sees encrypted data from me crossing the "border".

And again: Why not encrypt everything? It's just sooo much easier. Connect and simply surf. Why even bother splitting traffic if you can also encrypt your traffic to your own country?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.