Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.246.254

Hey Airvpn Staff

Maybe I just haven’t found it yet, but is there a shared roadmap for your development efforts? Air does such a great job with transparency I can’t imagine this doesn’t exist. It would really help us users understand your dev priorities get excited for what’s coming next, even if there aren’t any deadlines or ETAs. 

Thanks in advance 

10 hours ago, 6V3T8Z35t4KVP1aRtR8i said:

Air does such a great job with transparency I can’t imagine this doesn’t exist

Never seen such a thing. "It's done when it's done", I guess.
You must know, Eddie is written by one developer, and Eddie on Android and Hummingbird by another. That makes two known developers for three softwares. I can imagine roadmaps would mean more work for them without much gain, safe for this "transparency" argument.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

49 minutes ago, giganerd said:
You must know, Eddie is written by one developer, and Eddie on Android and Hummingbird by another. That makes two known developers for three softwares.

😲😲😲 Really?! Wow, I did not know that. Now everything made sense. That is very impressive because Eddie is clearly a high quality software that are primary focused on function than form. I have so much respect for those developers, shouldering that massive task for developing the software for thousand users. Now that solidify my standing with AirVPN.

1 hour ago, giganerd said:

Never seen such a thing. "It's done when it's done", I guess.
You must know, Eddie is written by one developer, and Eddie on Android and Hummingbird by another. That makes two known developers for three softwares. I can imagine roadmaps would mean more work for them without much gain, safe for this "transparency" argument.

I'm aware of the small Dev team but didn't realize it was only 2 people. That's alot to take on!

I'm not suggesting that a task by task breakdown with estimates would be helpful here, which would be time consuming for sure. A high level roadmap could  just be some big picture concepts or features that the team is working on sometime in the next year. No promises, no timelines, but just some community insight into where Dev is going directionally. 

In addition to what has been written before, you can search for "roadmap" in the forums. In different contexts Staff mentioned different things, such as OpenVPN 2.5 deployment on all servers, when it is (someday) released.