Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.55.137
Bobba_fat

ANSWERED Help with port forwarding explanation and qbittorrent

Actually, I just realized: Why are we talking about DNS servers? The original topic was that Network Lock makes magnet links in torrent clients stop working, and this has nothing to do with DNS servers.
Should've noticed a dozen posts back…

1 hour ago, eburom said:

I thought it was no use manually setting DNS since eddie would care of DNS setting and overwrite it, Am I missing something here?

No, you're right. But Mr. Flx shifted the topic with the suggestion to manually change DNS servers, so we're here. We should get back to the original topic.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

3 hours ago, Flx said:
You think? Letz just say you try to have some fun...for the "sake of whatever reason". "I have to kill you" may be funny to you. It is not to me or anyone for that matter.
I really am truly sorry, its hard to make the "jokes" on the internet.
Obviously I'm very thankful for the help you give me.
Expressions are lost in when on internet. My bad. Please accept my apologies. 🌹
3 hours ago, Flx said:
Then pick a server from OpenNIC, one from Sweden and paste that in/for DNS 2.

Ok so I went to their site. Copy one of the Dns and put them into slot 1 or 2?

Do I keep slot and just add the DNS into slot two as well? 🙏

Again thank you very much!

image.png.75e747144ee3d5f2c9b8f032b4dcb705.png

3 hours ago, giganerd said:

Actually, I just realized: Why are we talking about DNS servers? The original topic was that Network Lock makes magnet links in torrent clients stop working, and this has nothing to do with DNS servers.

Ahh, that made sense why the topic seem a little off. I re-read the entire discussion to see where we are at.

Based on the screenshot of the qBittorrent in the first post, it look like the magnet link is working as intended. On the bottom of the screenshot, it said it is retrieving metadata. That mean it is attempting to contact the trackers to get the information of the swarm whom have that file. But it couldn't get the metadata since the communication is blocked due to Network Lock which seem is the possible answer? Only way to know is qBittorrent log and I don't see anyone asking for qBittorrent log. The next step toward solution is to have @Bobba_fat to post the log to verify a few things.

@Bobba_fat, can you try different torrent that have high peers. I strongly recommend looking for Linux distros (Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Arch Linux, CentOS, etc) since they have high amount of peers sharing the file. And yes, you can use Linux distros torrent since it is legal to share. Also make sure you can get it with magnet link? Arch Linux have a magnet link on their download page.

Since we want to find the solution of this problem, I believe @Bobba_fat need to test on different bittorent client to confirm a few things. Another great torrent client is Tixati. So this way we can figure out if it is qBittorrent issue or Eddie issue.

For some reason, everything is working fine now. I don't know why, but I will do my best to explain and what I did.

17 hours ago, NoiselessOwl said:

Only way to know is qBittorrent log and I don't see anyone asking for qBittorrent log. The next step toward solution is to have @Bobba_fat to post the log to verify a few things.

I searched the internet for this and I couldn't find the answer. How to get the qbittorrent log. (Doesn't matter now anyway I guess, as we wont get what and why happened, can the log give you traces back to the previous day's activities or only the most recent usage?).

@Bobba_fat, can you try different torrent that have high peers. I strongly recommend looking for Linux distros (Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Arch Linux, CentOS, etc) since they have high amount of peers sharing the file. And yes, you can use Linux distros torrent since it is legal to share. Also make sure you can get it with magnet link? Arch Linux have a magnet link on their download page.
For point of reference I used the same torrent file so that we could determine the same constants source. Addtionally: I actually did try several other torrents on the same site, with more peers and seeders and leeches and a variety of them. Also, they all worked when network lock was not activated, but as soon as I activated it, they wouldn't download. Strange?

Since we want to find the solution of this problem, I believe @Bobba_fat need to test on different bittorent client to confirm a few things. Another great torrent client is Tixati. So this way we can figure out if it is qBittorrent issue or Eddie issue.
Ok, so several things happened. I don't recall exact order either but these things happened:

1. I downloaded and installed Tixati and set it as my main torrent client handler.
2. For some reason, EddieUI stopped working. I got an error message with something with admin rights or something I am not sure of.
If you have images somewhere where I can see the error messages that pop up maybe I can recall which one it was.
3. I clicked to restart the computer and EddieUI was still going so i forced stopped and restarted.
4. Once restarted and first booting up EddieUI I realized that it did compute a bit longer than usual, I think it was doing something with giving it some sort of "admin(?)" rights or higher rights that made network lock possible somehow.
5. I tried the same T2 file but this time with Tixati. Slow at first, but it began and downloaded like a charm.
6. I tried qbit torrent, but no result, so I right clicked and copied the magnetlink and manually added in qbit as well, pasting in the link. And look and behold it also started downloading. (I had removed the tixati t2 download by this point, to make sure that the program would download fresh on its own.) Worked.
7. Confident, I closed down EddieUI and Qbit and removed Tixati. Restarted EddieUI and then Qbit (which was and is my main qbit handler) and started downloading the T2 file again, this time it worked like a charm with no hiccups. 

During this whole time I have been using the same standard settings as I had from the beginning, as per your suggestion.
I am guessing the issue was somewhere between EddieUI and my rights management on my windows that didn't communicate well based on the error message I vaguely remember, but I can (probably) be mistaken. I wish would I have screen shot that message. 

Well either way, thanks everyone for your understanding and patience and your multiple solutions. 
It is currently working as a charm. 

If someone has problem with qbit torrent, ask them to try installing tixati and see what happens.

Thanks,
Cheers,
//B

Could it be, that Peer Exchange had still distributed your IP or the tracker had the information about you be part of the swarm? So the clients connected with your Tixati tried some minutes later to connecting again after loosing you. Did you tried another .torrent after that? To test some clients with the same .torrent and the same IP without a 30 minute pause, can give you false assumptions.

qBittorrent logs can be viewed in the top menu: View > Logs > Enable. A second tab will appear then.

Doesn't look like it's resolved. Add another magnet and see if qB starts the download.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Still working as should.

(?)
Checked ipleak and everything seems to be in order,
Doesn't show my own ISP but the one from Airvpn, so I'm not leaking either, since that is what lock is for(?)

image.thumb.png.8e473e2e7a9fa44658f2c0aaea690b29.png

Well anyways! Thanks everybody for all the positive help and fixes and solution. It's been great help, and I will definitely recommend anyone who wants to use a VPN to get on with AIR!
Cheers 🍻and stay safe
🙏