Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.53.68
fleawig

ANSWERED macOS has no internet unless Eddie is connected to a server, after system crash with Eddie connected

Last night I had a macOS system crash when an application gobbled up too much virtual memory. Eddie was running at the time. Eddie gave a long error dialog which I was unable to look at or save before the machine shut down.

Since then, I am only able to connect to the internet while Eddie is connected to a server. If I disconnect, my internet doesn't seem to allow any traffic in or out.

I imagine that the problem might have to do with Eddie not exiting properly, and some configuration or other file becoming corrupted, but I have no idea what that might be in this case. I'm a software developer and am comfortable editing settings and so on.

I'm running macOS Mojave 10.14.3, and Eddie 2.18.9.

Network Lock was on when it crashed, I suppose? If so, resetting the firewall rules should do the trick.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

50 minutes ago, giganerd said:

Network Lock was on when it crashed, I suppose? If so, resetting the firewall rules should do the trick.

Thanks for the response!
I hadn't touched Network Lock, so it was on the default setting, Automatic.
Are you referring to resetting firewall rules on my machine, or in Eddie? My System Preferences don't show any Firewall being turned on. I've tried resetting Eddie preferences to defaults, and that didn't fix it.

I'm sorry, I can't really help you with macOS. But if Network Lock was engaged and Eddie crashed, I'd try resetting whatever Eddie changed to engage Network Lock. Maybe someone else can enlighten you. Or paste or upload a support file here and I will do a bit of research for you (lifebelt icon in Logs tab).

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

9 minutes ago, giganerd said:

I'm sorry, I can't really help you with macOS. But if Network Lock was engaged and Eddie crashed, I'd try resetting whatever Eddie changed to engage Network Lock. Maybe someone else can enlighten you. Or paste or upload a support file here and I will do a bit of research for you (lifebelt icon in Logs tab).

Thanks. Yes, I'd like to reset whatever that is that was changed—but the Network Lock support page doesn't seem to indicate what it is. I am baffled as to where to look, exactly.
Is there a macOS user listening who might be able to help?