Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.74.54
whiskey_76

Latest Version of Eddie Two Issues

Okay so I just ran into two issues today and I am the new Eddie Client on Debian Linux.

1.  When I have my UFW firewall rules to deny incoming and outgoing connections,  after I open the Eddie Client it will automatically turn on network lock which is what I want to do. After that point for some reason it is having trouble verifying my AIRVPN credentials and I get the boot strap error. Oddly, if I switch my UFW rules before opening AIRVPN, to deny incoming but allow outgoing none of that happens? I do not understand why this would be doing anything as I thought eddie's ip table rules always overrides UFW anyways? And I always had my firewall set to deny incoming and outgoing connections before Eddie's rules took over with the previous client... (it gave some error with CURL one of the times too)
  2. A few times today it had trouble with the latency tests and got really hung up. 
Besides those two issues I experienced a few times today the client is working perfectly and network lock is functioning as expected, I've been double checking it with test pages. 

Putting this here in case staff doesn't see it from my reply in the news and annoucment forum. 

Please avoid creating identical posts/threads in multiple locations in the future. Pick one and stick with it. Staff and the developers read everything. :)

1. As far as I remember, ufw is not compatible with Eddie.
  2. Could be related to 1.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 4/5/2020 at 3:00 AM, giganerd said:

Please avoid creating identical posts/threads in multiple locations in the future. Pick one and stick with it. Staff and the developers read everything. :)

1. As far as I remember, ufw is not compatible with Eddie.
  2. Could be related to 1.

I never had any issues with the previous version of Eddit relating to any of that. 

I always had my UFW firewall set to deny incoming and deny outgoing connections, before I would start Eddie. At that point Eddie would activate the network lock and its ip tables rules would go into effect overwriting the previous ip tables rules from UFW. Then I could connect to any server from there. 

AFTER the update: 

Eddie will get stuck on latency tests or not be able to verify my AIRVPN credentials. 

My question was why this has changed with the new version of Eddie? Now for it to work I have to have my UFW firewall set to only deny incoming connections and allow outgoing, before I activate network lock for it to work. Makes no sense to me when it worked before. It is only a minor thing but I spent like an hour the other day trying to figure it out lol

But otherwise network lock and everything works fine once connected.