Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.66.217
@L3X@ND3R

AirVPN, a reputable and trustworthy VPN?

AirVPN,

How can users of your service be sure that each of your VPN servers who are operated by random people, are in alignment with your Privacy Policy?
What if one of the people for a specific server here on AirVPN, is secretly logging everything about anybody who connects to their server, selling their data, and/or monitoring their users traffic in real time?

Has AirVPN invited companies in, like PwC or Cure53, to AUDIT all your VPN servers, your code base, etc etc etc....as well as audit AirVPN's Privacy Policy, to have assurance that AirVPN is being faithful to their privacy policy?

How do you make sure none of your services ever have any sensitive logs ever hit the disks of all your servers?
Do you (like ExpressVPN) run all your servers on entirely on RAM only, with just a cryptographically signed read-only image as the hard drives, required for the VPN servers to boot, and NO write permissions for the hard drives of your servers?
Are they a secure OS? The BEST OS, for security for VPN servers, is Linux Ubuntu.

Who is the CEO of AirVPN, and their name, contact information, and office address?

.....You catch my drift, as to what information I'm seeking, to know wether I can trust AirVPN.

Sincerest Regards,
Alexander R. Brooks

Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA

2 hours ago, $@!gd720- said:

Are they a secure OS? The BEST OS, for security for VPN servers, is Linux Ubuntu.

Where did you read this, or what are the arguments?

2 hours ago, $@!gd720- said:

Who is the CEO of AirVPN, and their name, contact information, and office address?

It's in the Privacy Policy. I kind of hope you read it before asking this.

Air di Paolo Brini
c.a. Paolo Brini
info@airvpn.org
c/o Studio Papa
Via Vecchi 53
I-06100 PERUGIA
ITALY

Four simple things:
There's a guide to AirVPN. Before you ask questions, take 30 minutes of your time to go through it.

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here. It's the fallback DNS.
Running TOR exits is discouraged. They're subject to restrictions on the internet and harm all AirVPN users.

Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. If you overdo privacy, you'll be unique among the mass again.

XMPP: gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join our lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org

The best option for you is to assume any and ALL VPN's are compromised on some way, or that they can be logged in some capacity (for example, tapping the fibre cables themselves, black box etc).

> How can users of your service be sure that each of your VPN servers who are operated by random people, are in alignment with your Privacy Policy?

You can't. This applies to every VPN on the planet.

>  What if one of the people for a specific server here on AirVPN, is secretly logging everything about anybody who connects to their server, selling their data, and/or monitoring their users traffic in real time?

Not AirVPN specific. Any provider can be 'secretly' logging. AirVPN has a solid, reliable history over many years. I challenge you to search the internet and find examples of where Air's security has been questioned in a meaningful capacity.

>  How do you make sure none of your services ever have any sensitive logs ever hit the disks of all your servers?

By hiring competent sysadmins, reading CVE's and patching systems. No computer on the planet is 100% secure, or can be considered 100% secure (even the hardware itself can be backdoored, like Intel chips).

>  Has AirVPN invited companies in, like PwC or Cure53, to AUDIT all your VPN servers, your code base, etc etc etc....as well as audit AirVPN's Privacy Policy, to have assurance that AirVPN is being faithful to their privacy policy?

You're welcome to hire these companies, pay the money yourself to audit their code. It's all on Github/Gitlab. Please post the results here after you're done, I'm intrigued what you find.

>  Do you (like ExpressVPN) run all your servers on entirely on RAM only, with just a cryptographically signed read-only image as the hard drives, required for the VPN servers to boot, and NO write permissions for the hard drives of your servers?

They're going to not answer that, but even if they said yes, you then need to 'trust' what they say. What if the person responding is compromised? What if the NSA secretly runs every VPN service on the planet, and has plaintext logs of all the weird things you're doing.

What if I know your real world identity, your address, your families names and Facebook accounts?

>  .....You catch my drift, as to what information I'm seeking, to know wether I can trust AirVPN.

If being provided unverifiable information is how you "trust" a service then god help us all. A VPN does not and will not do what you think it will, clearly.

Thanks for the entertainment, I need to go fire more people now.