Not connected, Your IP: 3.139.107.241
Inaginni

Question on How AirVPN Connects to a Server

Hello AirVPN community! Hopefully this is the right location for this ^-^'

I am currently running a trial version of AirVPN and I have been quite happy with my experience so far. There is one aspect I find concerning, possibly only because of my limited experience with VPNs, and I wanted to see if anyone could clarify it for me.

The VPN I am coming from is the free version of a VPN that also offers an email service (trying not to name anyone in case it's not allowed here >.>). When I would connect to that VPN's free servers there would always be some period of time where I would not have internet access (10-20 seconds). To me, such a break made sense as connection settings were being changed. However, AirVPN does not seem to have such a break when connecting. I find this convenient, but I wanted to make sure that this does not indicate any privacy issues with connections established before AirVPN is launched.

I should mention that I am judging breaks in connection through an online program I use that notifies me when connection to its servers are unavailable. The down time is measured from the disconnect to when it is able to reconnect.

Thanks for you time~

11 hours ago, Inaginni said:

Hello AirVPN community! Hopefully this is the right location for this ^-^'

I am currently running a trial version of AirVPN and I have been quite happy with my experience so far. There is one aspect I find concerning, possibly only because of my limited experience with VPNs, and I wanted to see if anyone could clarify it for me.

The VPN I am coming from is the free version of a VPN that also offers an email service (trying not to name anyone in case it's not allowed here >.>). When I would connect to that VPN's free servers there would always be some period of time where I would not have internet access (10-20 seconds). To me, such a break made sense as connection settings were being changed. However, AirVPN does not seem to have such a break when connecting. I find this convenient, but I wanted to make sure that this does not indicate any privacy issues with connections established before AirVPN is launched.

I should mention that I am judging breaks in connection through an online program I use that notifies me when connection to its servers are unavailable. The down time is measured from the disconnect to when it is able to reconnect.

Thanks for you time~

1) Did you activate network lock?
2) Go here and check if you have any leaks: https://ipleak.net/
3) No leaks? Hurray you are safe and protected :)

By the way, Eddie is pretty well optimized both on desktop and mobile so I don't have any doubts that it connects faster than any "free" VPN server/service; moreover, maybe one of the reasons that it required so much time to connect it could be there were many many users that were using the "free" VPN service and/or that the "free" VPN servers have a poor bandwidth.