Not connected, Your IP: 3.89.56.228
marc9323

AirVPN fails to connect many times each try

Posted ... (edited)

Hi,
I don't know anything about networking so please bear with me as I describe the problem:

I am running windows 10 - the latest updates on a trend micro power spec G418 PC with an intel i7 processor.
I have it configured to connect to servers in canada and united states.

When I try to connect I repeatedly get the folowing error:
checking route ipv6 failed
open vpn warning route gateway is ambiguous

I have tried adding ip-win32 netsh to my openvpn config.  That failed to fix it.

I remember reading somewhere that turning off ipv6 in the configuration preferences might help - but I don't know how to do that.

Can someone tell me how to do that or give me some other suggestions for proceeding?  I must have a VPN and I have been loving airvpn for a couple years now.

Only recently has this problem appeared - perhaps associated with windows 10 update.

Also, I'm afraid that if I mess with the preferences and do something wrong I will expose myself to anti-torrenting technology and get nasty letters from my ISPN.  That ip-win32 netsh won't do that will it?  Will turning off ipv6 expose me?

EDIT:  I set it to ipv4 only and the problem persists.  Please help!  I really want to stay with airvpn!  Expressvpn and nord suck.

Thanks,
Marc9323

Edited ... by marc9323

Or you can first give us a bit more info in the form of a support file. When you tried to connect at least once, go to the Logs tab, click the lifebelt icon and paste the output here.

20 hours ago, marc9323 said:

I remember reading somewhere that turning off ipv6 in the configuration preferences might help - but I don't know how to do that.

I can't give you specific instructions since I'm not running Win10, but do you remember the screen where all the network interfaces are listed, like Ethernet and such? You need to go to the preferences of the interface you are using right now and simply remove the checkbox next to "Internet Protocol Version 6". Best do that with all the interfaces you see there – since Windows will use any configured DNS server on any interface ("Smart DNS"), chances are this extends to IP versions. Can't be too careful on a closed system. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.