Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.77.59
Lightn1ng

Seeding torrents through AirVPN on pfSense?

Greetings,

I have configured an AirVPN client connection on my pfSense router. I have configured a port forward in the Client Area for port 16756/tcp/udp and allowed it in the firewall on my torrent server (192.168.200.2/24). I have also added the following NAT rule on the router:

86842645_Screenshotfrom2020-01-2111-44-24.thumb.png.83b4516c223eba2a9da1129d924e6c6d.png

However, Deluge (my torrent client) is not seeing any incoming connections, and no seeding can occur. Has anybody else set this up, and am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance

Lightn1ng

Did you select the option for the automatic rule creation on the LAN interface's firewall that the seedbox is connected to? This is done when creating a NAT rule. Remember that with pfSense, any traffic not explicitly allowed is automatically blocked. If you did not and there's no rule on that LAN to allow connections on that port, there's the issue. Basically you're allowing it into your yard (the WAN), but not your house (the LAN).

Your description sounds like the seedbox has its own firewall. If so, that be another monster to tackle as you're double firewalled.

On 1/26/2020 at 10:46 AM, SumRndmDude said:

Did you select the option for the automatic rule creation on the LAN interface's firewall that the seedbox is connected to? This is done when creating a NAT rule. Remember that with pfSense, any traffic not explicitly allowed is automatically blocked. If you did not and there's no rule on that LAN to allow connections on that port, there's the issue. Basically you're allowing it into your yard (the WAN), but not your house (the LAN).

Your description sounds like the seedbox has its own firewall. If so, that be another monster to tackle as you're double firewalled.

Thank you for the response. While you're likely correct that that was blocking it, I don't think that's the only issue. I added a rule allowing any source address to the seedbox on the selected TCP/UDP port on the LAN side and I am experiencing the same issue.

On 1/29/2020 at 8:03 PM, Lightn1ng said:

Thank you for the response. While you're likely correct that that was blocking it, I don't think that's the only issue. I added a rule allowing any source address to the seedbox on the selected TCP/UDP port on the LAN side and I am experiencing the same issue.

read this guide it will help torrent

On 1/29/2020 at 9:03 PM, Lightn1ng said:

Did you allow the traffic FROM the seedbox though? If so, then try downloading or seeding a torrent and check the system logs on pfSense under the firewall heading.

I hate to revive such an old thread, but I wanted to share what fixed it in case it helps anyone in the future.

I have a separate OpenVPN server running on my pfSense box that I use for remote access purposes. For some reason, this was conflicting with AirVPN, and I solved my problem by deleting all of the rules under Firewall -> Rules -> OpenVPN (my OpenVPN server, not AirVPN).

Posted ... (edited)
On 1/28/2021 at 1:39 PM, Lightn1ng said:

I have a separate OpenVPN server running on my pfSense box that I use for remote access purposes. For some reason, this was conflicting with AirVPN

OMG... I have been wrestling with this non-open port issue for two months.   

This fixed the problem for me.

For some reason, the torrent client was receiving and responding to connections on the open port, but pfsense was trying to send the packets out via the regular WAN (the WAN that the OpenVPN server is on) rather than the  VPN (cilent that connects to AIRVPN). 

Disabling the OpenVPN server's rule as you described fixed it instantly.

Grrr... Edited ... by dusty