Not connected, Your IP: 44.197.214.36
convised

Will making an acception for airvpn or qbittorrent to windows firewall make download speed faster?

eddie version 2.16.3 (stable)

I have searched around and haven't really found a definitive answer. I was wondering how I could get faster download speeds on my qbittorrent client. I have successfully set up a remote forwarded port and checked that its working. I am only getting around 500-1000 KiB/s down  and was wondering if I made an exception to either airvpn or qbittorrent in the windows 10 firewall would it increase my download speeds? I will also include a picture from the qbittorrent client showing some details of the download.
downspeed.thumb.PNG.f07c23ba5926cf2713590382335e9252.PNG

You give one question, we answer with many more. :)

• What's the throughput you're expecting?
  • Which server are you connecting to, which port, which protocol? LAN/WLAN? ISP? Basically, where's the OpenVPN log? We need that, we cannot do troubleshooting without knowing your setup.
  • qBittorrent settings? Which options did you explicity change? Specifically, is uTP disabled?
  • Did you try a Linux torrent? They're among the best seeded public torrents.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Your firewall has nothing to do with overall throughput.  Eddie and qBittorrent have been allowed to receive / transmit through your firewall.  Otherwise, you wouldn't be connected to any torrent at any speed.  Your issues are based on your configuration of Eddie and qBittorrent settings.  I'd start by upgrading Eddie to the latest beta, 2.18.5; Eddie 2.16.3 was released in August of 2018, which may be okay for LTSB or LTSC versions of Windows.  Windows 10 versions 1903 or 1909 should probably be updated to the latest beta.  Also, if you haven't taken steps to tame your Windows setup, apps / services / updates / telemetry etc. can be chewing up your bandwidth in the background.
If UDP in Eddie is giving you problems, try TCP Port 443 first.  If you still have issues, try TCP Ports 1194 or 2018. Search the forums for pointers about setting up qBittorrent; there might even be a guide buried somewhere, albeit a bit dated. 
In qBittorrent Connection settings, choose Enabled protocol: TCP, make sure UpnP / Nat-PMP port forwarding and Use different port are both unchecked; Set Global maximum number of peers at 1000 and lower the Maximum number of peers per torrent to 50. 
In the Speed section, make sure the three boxes under Rate Limits Settings are unchecked.  Particularly the first box - Apply rate limit to μTP protocol must be unchecked.
In the Advanced section, check your Network interface.  In my Linux desktop it's tun0; I don't know what it is in Windows, but the "Optional IP address to bind to" under it should be pointed at a specific AirVPN DNS server address, e.g., 10.xx.xxx.x.
Once you've played with settings in Eddie and qBittorrent, try different DNS servers.  The servers with the lowest latencies may not always give you the best torrent speeds.  There's a lot of searching, reading, and trial / error to get things working well; sometimes speeds are not going to be great, especially on weekends when there is heavy Internet traffic even though your ISP may offer 100 Mbit/s or higher connection speeds.
In the future, upload logs by enabling Logging in the Eddie client.

Also if you have a router make sure that UPn'P is switched off in its settings. I found that that was causing some of my problems with qBittorrent/AirVPN/Port Forwarding in my set up Win10 latest update Eddie v2.18.5