Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.125.171

Posted ... (edited)

Hello,

I came from Nord.  I use OpenVPN on my router and force the clients (or Docker containers) I want through the VPN with iptables rules.  When I was on Nord my torrents would always go at the full download speed I had the client capped at (which is always quite low, at present, after a service upgrade this past week, I've got it capped at 3.13 MB/s through the day - it was half that prior to a couple days ago).  I'm using the same well seeded torrents from the same sites, and from day one I'm lucky to break 1 MB/s.  I also have the frequently described issue of the torrents running for a bit, then all dropping to zero despite the VPN client thinking it is still connected.  I've had to write a script that runs from my Transmission container that does a ping test, and when it can't ping a few good known test hosts, it logs into the router and forces the VPN to reconnect.

There should be no throttling from my ISP, as they're one of the most open, transparent, pro-consumer ISPs in the country (TekSavvy, in Canada) - and also because everything worked just fine with them when I was on Nord.  The problems started the instant I switched to Air.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Edited ... by Hyacin

Use a server hosted by the same datacenter as Nord, if AirVPN has that. Maybe try a server in the same country as a (poor) replacement.
Compare the configs from both Nord and Air and maybe post the differences here, we might see something.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

i've only used torrents on two different providers.  Mullvad and Airvpn    i decided not to renew Mullvad so i don't have them currently 

port forwarding was correct on both.     the other provider was always faster and received MORE through put.     Airvpn is always slower but more reliable:

constantly had to restart tunnels with Mullvad.  i never do with Air.

just my experience on the latest Pfsense with 1 tunnel with  Mullvad 2 with Air.      this was months of changing servers, ports.