Not connected, Your IP: 3.87.11.93
kryus

Web interfaces & DD-WRT - Not loading after forwarding ports

Posted ... (edited)

Hi,
I am having trouble connecting remotely to my QNAP TS-253 Pro NAS from outside my network. I have forwarded the ports and the TCP test is showing green, i have forwarded using iptables in dd-wrt and not using the GUI. I can load the QNAP login screen and after typing in my details i just get the loading screen but it never progresses. Does anyone know why this might be? Without VPN it works fine.
In dd-wrt i have set a policy based routing so only my NAS uses the VPN and i do not use QVPN.
This is my iptables in dd-wrt:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o tun1 -j MASQUERADE
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun1 -p udp -d 192.168.1.2 --match multiport --dports my,forwarded,ports -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun1 -p tcp -d 192.168.1.2 --match multiport --dports my,forwarded,ports -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun1 -p tcp --match multiport --dports my,forwarded,ports -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.2
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun1 -p udp --match multiport --dports my,forwarded,ports -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.2
I have tried with and without the first line. I added that because it wasnt working but the same thing happens with that. My VPN is definitely on tun1.

Plex and other web interface that are running  on my NAS do the same so not just QNAP related. Edited ... by kryus
added more info