Not connected, Your IP: 3.15.229.226
Sign in to follow this  
UK-VPN

Turn my Virgin Broadband into a VPN

Posted ... (edited)

Hello,
What I'm trying to do is be able to leave my Virgin Hub 3 on, and then when abroad, connect into my Virgin Broadband so it acts like a VPN and uses my residential home IP address, so I can run a VOIP phone and wired laptop into a Sim Card powered Router, and everything would look the same as normal.

I've solved the problem on the other end, I bought the TPLink MR600 4G (this allows PPTP VPN, IPSec VPN , OpenVPN funtion only) that takes sim card and uses that for data source (so i dont have to rely on airbnb having good internet).

But I'm having a nightmare solving the UK side of things, phoned Virgin who said they block the ports so i can't do it, and old routers don't work anymore that did allow it (may or may not be true).
What it seems i need to do is either change the router in my virgin broadband home, or have another one connected inbetween it that talks to my MR600 when abroad.

Has anyone had success doing it? if so what is the cheapest solution to this problem? Desperately need your help with specific models of routers and instructions. I can't use software VPN as my VOIP phone and laptop have to be wired connections.

Please help anyone? thank you.

Edited ... by UK-VPN