Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.195.34
Kunuyana

Airvpn in Public WLAN Security

Hey :)

I want to use an Ipad and Laptop with AirVPN while using public WIFI in McDonalds or Burger King.

Now I'm wondering if it is secure to access non-ssl websites that contain sensitive information when using network lock or if the fast-food restaurant can still read the information transferred?

Thanks for the help

3 hours ago, Kunuyana said:

Now I'm wondering if it is secure to access non-ssl websites that contain sensitive information when using network lock or if the fast-food restaurant can still read the information transferred?

Since the connection between your device and the AirVPN server is an encrypted one, any party in the middle would only be able to find out there's a VPN connection but not look into what is transferred over it. So no, no one can read it except for you and anything beyond the AirVPN server.

Not to mention that "non-ssl websites that contain sensitive information" makes me cringe a little, if you mean things like financial or health data.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thank you Giganerd
So even if the Wlan network is configured to record all data exchanged it won't be able to encrypt it afterward? (The encryption password of Airvpn)

"Non-ssl websites that contain sensitive information"  <- Just worst-case scenario

10 hours ago, Kunuyana said:

So even if the Wlan network is configured to record all data exchanged it won't be able to encrypt it afterward? (The encryption password of Airvpn)

I've yet to stumble over a network recording everything that is being transferred :) So I'd like you to stop being paranoid.
Also, there are no encryption passwords. We've got keys changing every hour.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.