Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.190.101
ajaffarali

User being able to choose locations for streaming platforms?

I am using a DNS service that lets me specify certain regions for streaming services. So, for example, I can set Netflix to US, Amazon to India, YouTube to US etc. and it routes traffic for each of these for my account through my requested location. Is something like this possible with AirVPN? For example, I would like to access YouTube US but Amazon India. 

Not individually and on-demand. To thwart efforts of restricting access to certain geolocations from streaming services like Netflix, but also from other services, AirVPN utilizes its own DNS servers which can reroute your traffic through one of the rerouting servers. The routes are set by the administrators. We can ask for more services to be available, but it's not possible to do that yourself.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Sure. I get that. But it would be a good service to provide to customers that can select their preferred locations for individual streaming services. The current DNS provider I use has an app where you "Update your IP with them" so they know what your IP is and accordingly offer the DNS rerouting based on your preference.

35 minutes ago, ajaffarali said:

But it would be a good service to provide to customers that can select their preferred locations for individual streaming services.

Well... this here is a VPN provider with slightly different goals. :) When you let people choose it, it will be very difficult to keep the promise of a working georestriction circumvention. Especially Netflix is good in blocking servers. You are permanently connected to a VPN server, therefore you'd also need stronger rerouting servers in more countries. Most of them are 100 MBit/s now which is about enough to cover a few users watching streams in a different country than their VPN server is.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.