Not connected, Your IP: 54.89.24.147
JSD

Two suggestions about settings of Eddie

Two suggestions:

a) Let Network Lock be enabled by default, at least at systems where it works well without sincere problems.

Why?

1. The vast majority of users do not have any reason NOT to enable it, but want to be protected from any “leaks” and be on the safe side.

2. Those who need to disable Network Lock will – on average – also be the technically more competent people. So it will be no problem for them do disable Network Lock.

b) When Network Lock is enabled, prevent pinging to any Non-Air-Vpn-servers by default.

Why?

1. Most people do not need such a ping, but it might be harmful in some situations (torrenting).

2. Those who need ping together with Network Lock being enabled will also be those who are more technically competent.

Just now, JSD said:

The vast majority of users do not have any reason NOT to enable it, but want to be protected from any “leaks” and be on the safe side.

The vast majority of Linux users will find themselves locked out of their internet connection by default because the current version does not properly revert back from it automatically. At least on some distributions. It's a temporary thing, of course.

3 minutes ago, JSD said:

Those who need to disable Network Lock will – on average – also be the technically more competent people. So it will be no problem for them do disable Network Lock.

I personally tend to go with the least surprising way of programming. It's called the Principle of Least Astonishment and is regarded as a golden rule of it. Now, a program locking your internet access and restricting it to only when you are connected to AirVPN the minute you open it will tell users "thanks for launching our client, that will be 2€ for three days, please". There is the preference of enabling it when the client is started, of course, but when you tick that box you will, on the contrary, expect it to restrict you to AirVPN servers. :)

10 minutes ago, JSD said:

Let Network Lock be enabled by default, at least at systems where it works well without sincere problems

a) There was a post from Staff some time ago detailing why they didn't do this by default but I can't find it anymore :(
b) Problem is: Windows version = macOS version = Linux version. If you do this on one you will carry it to the other two.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.