Not connected, Your IP: 3.238.228.237
ShareVPN

We should be able to set up AirVPN DDNS to a single server

I set up a DDNS forwarding and it said

Warning: DDNS doesn't work correctly with two o more connections.
We should be able to set up the AirVPN DDNS to point to a single connection of our choice, based on the cert/key combination or something. Does anyone know what it actually ends up pointing to when you have multiple connections? That makes this feature useless unless you only ever use a single device.

3 hours ago, ShareVPN said:

Does anyone know what it actually ends up pointing to when you have multiple connections?

Do you know what an IP address assigned to multiple hosts in a network actually ends up pointing to? :) The question yields the same answer.
DDNS is still there from the times when only one connection was allowed, though. To some extent you can say it's legacy code. :D

3 hours ago, ShareVPN said:

We should be able to set up the AirVPN DDNS to point to a single connection of our choice, based on the cert/key combination or something.

Ports are forwarded on all servers. It would make for a grand mess if you could forward a port on selected servers only. You'd need as many port matrices as there are servers and a system to make it easy for users to keep a good overview.

Next problem: People want to choose random servers to connect to, based on AirVPN's load balancer for countries, continents or Earth for example. Such a feature would disrupt the expectations of users who want to forward one port, connect randomly and still be able to use torrent clients or other software in need of a port for incoming connections.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

What is DDNS forwarding? There is DDNS and there is port forwarding, they are not related.
If you need to use it for a specific case, ask what is it you actually want to have, not how it should be done.

This is not intended to be a "pro feature" such as a DNSMasq/ddns-scripts replacement, and if you use
multiple connections it would be simpler to use the $servername_exit.airvpn.org name.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:06 PM, zhang888 said:

What is DDNS forwarding? There is DDNS and there is port forwarding, they are not related.
If you need to use it for a specific case, ask what is it you actually want to have, not how it should be done.

This is not intended to be a "pro feature" such as a DNSMasq/ddns-scripts replacement, and if you use
multiple connections it would be simpler to use the $servername_exit.airvpn.org name.

Someone doesn't use AirVPN does he? They shouldn't be related but for some reason on AirVPN they are. In the form in client area you have to pick a DDNS alias with a port to forward but if you have more than one device on here it doesn't work. The other guy who think its just left over code from a long time ago is probably right.

23 hours ago, ShareVPN said:

Someone doesn't use AirVPN does he? 

Someone doesn't read titles or posts history, doesn't he?

Both of us, who replied in this topic have been using AirVPN before this
feature appeared, and will continue to
collect and post feedback regarding this or anything that might benefit any
other users, so your attitude is not only not respectful, but has zero real positive input or suggestions.

I will not even comment about your
technical skills regarding other topics
and plain text passwords with the dev
tools console, if you are not trolling,
the joke is on you.
I hope you can report the same issues
to Google, PayPal, Facebook, I heard
from a friend they pay big amounts
for serious vulnerabilities like this.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.