Not connected, Your IP: 3.136.97.64

Posted ... (edited)

I followed the instructions here: 

and here 

but no matter what torrent i start my ports are greyed out and have no connection, and all my torrents which have tons of seeders, are have 0 seeds and 0 peers. i am using a macbook running on mojave. i have network lock enabled on eddie. im baffled since i had airvpn a year ago and never had this problem. can someone help me?

canyouseeme says "reason: connection refused" when i try to check the port.

Edited ... by harascarlett44
forgot a detail

Disable NetLock, try again.

11 hours ago, harascarlett44 said:

and all my torrents which have tons of seeders, are have 0 seeds and 0 peers.
[...]
canyouseeme says "reason: connection refused" when i try to check the port.

These indicate you're not properly connected and that you're behind a firewall which is rejecting too much.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Posted ... (edited)
4 hours ago, giganerd said:

Disable NetLock, try again.

These indicate you're not properly connected and that you're behind a firewall which is rejecting too much.

i remember now, even when i had netlock turned off it still didn't work. all ports still greyed
  Edited ... by harascarlett44

Unsure if this will help but the last few weeks I had been getting problems with qBittorrent where I would be downloading fine and the shift to a new site or page in my browser and everything would freeze up. My only way out was to exit both browser and qBittorrent choose a new server in AirVPN and then open my browser and qBittorrent again. Sometimes this solved it for the session and sometimes I would have to repeat. Now I only use AirVPN and QBittorrent for a couple of hours daily the rest of the time I am on an open connection. I had tried to find out what was causing this but not being a tekkie type I found no solutions. However three days ago I visited the qBittorrents site and found the following post and which I implemented the advice offered and have had no problems since (touch wood). I thibk it had something to do with UPn'P being on but like I say not sure. Hope it helps anyway. https://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,7101.0.html

7 hours ago, bluesjunior said:

I thibk it had something to do with UPn'P being on

More like uTP. This one is known to cause strange behavior of torrent clients in a VPN tunnel.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

17 hours ago, bluesjunior said:

Unsure if this will help but the last few weeks I had been getting problems with qBittorrent where I would be downloading fine and the shift to a new site or page in my browser and everything would freeze up. My only way out was to exit both browser and qBittorrent choose a new server in AirVPN and then open my browser and qBittorrent again. Sometimes this solved it for the session and sometimes I would have to repeat. Now I only use AirVPN and QBittorrent for a couple of hours daily the rest of the time I am on an open connection. I had tried to find out what was causing this but not being a tekkie type I found no solutions. However three days ago I visited the qBittorrents site and found the following post and which I implemented the advice offered and have had no problems since (touch wood). I thibk it had something to do with UPn'P being on but like I say not sure. Hope it helps anyway. https://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,7101.0.html

thanks for the tip. im not a techie either and i had airvpn for a year so i’m disappointed i couldnt get it to work, but it is kind of a technical vpn. if i renew ill try what you did.  i tried everything i could think of or research for a whole day...anyways thanks again!!