Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.233.6
hbs

Roku Channel is blocked on the Roku

Hi AirVPN,

For two weeks from today, I noticed that all content available inside the new Roku Channel channel on the Roku is being blocked. This is weird because almost all content hosted in there is free with ads.

This happened at the same time Roku started to not show two menu option on the home menu. These menu options are related to proper localization. If memory doesn't fail me it is related to news and such.

Could you please have a look on that?

Any recent Roku would do to one verify what I'm saying it.

BTW, I am using the Pollux server.

Please, let me know.

Posted ... (edited)

I've sat for a couple of hours and tested Roku Channel and Roku's live channel by changing my router's config to all the US servers and indeed, neither seem to work through any server. 

However.... I connected to the non-VPN router with my laptop and used Eddie to connect to some of the same servers, and then random servers, and I was able to stream Roku's live shows on my laptop. 

So what is different about the Roku's connection through the router's VPN config that is different than the laptop's individual connection to Roku through Eddie? Perhaps the Roku's internal DNS config? Is there a way to reset the Roku and retest?

EDIT: I just tested again with the laptop ....connecting the laptop to the VPNconfig router and the laptop DOES NOT stream .... BUT.... using Eddie with the laptop still connected to the vpn router, it DOES stream. So the Roku device doesn't have anything to do with it. Something about the Eddie connection is different than the VPN connection. 

Edited ... by 3vSIMdRVv6Q1TmbFsIiP8QV8
Updated information about tests.