Not connected, Your IP: 18.225.149.32
gfdgfdgfd454asaakhj

Network lock to stay on even when you exit eddie?

When you close Eddie, a modal dialog window asks you if you're sure you want to exit. Exiting will disable NetLock as per design.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Use a firewall.

I am a little late to the party on this thread.  I decided to post since I went through the same questions as the OP, although for me it was years ago.  As mentioned by giganerd and others, the Eddie design will return your computer to the connectivity state it was in before it was mounted.  IF you have an open connection when Eddie exits/closes it will return the iptable to open as it was.  However; on my systems its just the opposite.  I use UFW (gui frontend for IPtables) and my computers are completely blocked from all incoming, outgoing, routed, etc....  When I mount my computer it will NOT get connected to anything online until I start Eddie.  Eddie will temporarily save and move my iptables and establish the rules you have setup in the client (you can mostly use the generic Eddie settings or establish some of your own manually within the client.  Then when you Exit Eddie it will write back your original iptables (firewall) and the computer as in my case is locked to connectivity online.  This works flawlessly.  Another factor I enjoy about this is that my family MUST use Eddie before they can go online and ever expose my raw IP to the world.  They have no choice and its so easy.

I am a little late to the party on this thread.  I decided to post since I went through the same questions as the OP, although for me it was years ago.  As mentioned by giganerd and others, the Eddie design will return your computer to the connectivity state it was in before it was mounted.  IF you have an open connection when Eddie exits/closes it will return the iptable to open as it was.  However; on my systems its just the opposite.  I use UFW (gui frontend for IPtables) and my computers are completely blocked from all incoming, outgoing, routed, etc....  When I mount my computer it will NOT get connected to anything online until I start Eddie.  Eddie will temporarily save and move my iptables and establish the rules you have setup in the client (you can mostly use the generic Eddie settings or establish some of your own manually within the client.  Then when you Exit Eddie it will write back your original iptables (firewall) and the computer as in my case is locked to connectivity online.  This works flawlessly.  Another factor I enjoy about this is that my family MUST use Eddie before they can go online and ever expose my raw IP to the world.  They have no choice and its so easy.

That's awesome but how you've configured UFW so it will allow connections only when conected to eny of the Eddie servers?

The only way i know is add all airvpn server entry IPs.

Is there easier more straightforward way?

That's awesome but how you've configured UFW so it will allow connections only when conected to eny of the Eddie servers?

The only way i know is add all airvpn server entry IPs.

Is there easier more straightforward way?

Super easy to do.  First, I am going to assume you know how to set UFW to block all (incoming, outgoing, routed, etc...).  This means that when you mount your linux machine it CANNOT go online ever.  Why? Because UFW (IP tables front end) has it all blocked.  Lets also assume that Eddie is installed and you have a start icon on the Desktop.  Now you click on the icon where you will be asked for the Admin password (required step).  You can select the server or configure Eddie to automatically connect however you want.  Eddie will take over and write a copy of your UFW rules and keep it for when you shut down, and at that time will restore the rules to your machine.  I use network lock in case a connection is ever lost/damaged.  No leaks, ever.  When exiting/closing Eddie the returned rules means your machine is now locked to going online.  Therefore: the linux machine in question can ONLY go online via an AirVpn tunnel established by Eddie.  Its so easy and bulletproof.  Hope this helped.