Not connected, Your IP: 54.160.245.243
kbps

Eddie 2.16.3 Ubuntu 18.04 Graphical Issues

After starting Eddie I have to leave the window open and also to not resize or minimize.  

If i do any of the above I Eddie becomes a blank window, i can still access the toolbar to shut down.  Clicking the Air Eddie icon in Ubuntu's tool bar (where the volume and power buttons are) can sometimes bring it back to normal.

If I try to change option tab in Eddie sometimes parts of the previous tab will show on the active tab. 

Attached is an example where I resized the window, changed tab to servers and then back to overview.  The server view is partly visible.

Have you downloaded the portable version or installed Eddie from the Ubuntu respository? I had similar graphical problems when using the portable version. Since I installed Eddie from the Manjaro/Arch (AUR) repository they seem to have gone away. I haven't looked into it but it could be some dependency problem / library isn't functioning correctly that's giving these problems.

When i tried ubuntu I had the same issue on latest version, installing from airvpn sources, if at start I maximized and after minimize it, works fine, but if the window is not maximized it works as described.

I don't have this problem on kubuntu.

Have you downloaded the portable version or installed Eddie from the Ubuntu respository? I had similar graphical problems when using the portable version. Since I installed Eddie from the Manjaro/Arch (AUR) repository they seem to have gone away. I haven't looked into it but it could be some dependency problem / library isn't functioning correctly that's giving these problems.

I downloaded and installed the .deb file from Air's download page.   Might try the repository.  Is it in the official ubuntu one?

I'm also having similar problems with 2.16.3 portable mono version on 18.04.

revertet to 2.15.2 which works fine.

I downloaded and installed the .deb file from Air's download page.   Might try the repository.  Is it in the official ubuntu one?

Sorry, I though there might be a PPA setup for Eddie, I didn't realise it was just a .deb file. Have you tried the portable version to see if you still get the same problems?

Update.  I have installed Cinnamon desktop environment.  No more issues.  Plus Cinnamon is a much nicer desktop.