Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.214.32
Sign in to follow this  
reapermadness

Vuze won't work

Hello,

I have installed Air VPN client on Windows 7 and have connected to a server. Vuze no longer seems to work correctly. The torrents just give me red faces and then give a connection error or just keep saying "Checking". When I disconnect from the Air VPN server, the torrent works just fine with a green face.

I have Vuze setup to listen on port 60001. I had my Linksys setup to forward external 60001 to internal 60001 on my desktop with a static IP. If I have just this enabled (without Air VPN port forwarding set up), the torrent will download but with a blue face and still gives a connection error even though it still seems to be downloading the file. However, when I look in the list of peers I see that my real IP address is still showing so I know I do not have everything setup correctly.

When I enable port fowarding through the Air VPN site to forward 60001 to 60001 while my Linksys port forwarding is still on, then the torrent in Vuze just gives me the red face and connection error as mentioned above. When I try to do the port test on the Air VPN site, it gives me an error saying that the port cannot be accessed.

So I disabled port forwarding on my Linksys, and left port forwarding via Air VPN website on. When doing the port check from the Air VPN site, it would give me a green light. The torrent still does not seem to work though and gives me a connection error or just says "Checking".

I have disabled both my Windows and Router firewalls and still no luck.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you for your time!

Nevermind, I just switched to uTorrent. I gave my computer a non-static IP, disabled all port forwarding in my router, then enabled port forwarded via the Air VPN site. I set up a listening port in uTorrent to be the same as the port I set on the Air VPN site. I disabled UPnP in uTorrent. I then ran the optimization routine in uTorrent. So far I've hit single file download speeds of 1.6MB/s and aggregrate speeds of over 3MB/s (just downloading 2 files, haven't really stress tested it yet). That's pretty good for my area, the most I've hit without VPN was about 3.4MB/s on a single file download and that's a rare occasion. Around 1.5MB/s single file download speed is about average for me, so I am really impressed so far with this service!

Just another quick update, or rather a testimonial. Got a single file download speed of about 3.4MB/s. I am very impressed by the service so far! I will definitely be changing from a monthly to a long term plan.