Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.242.27

University wifi - waiting for server responses

hi guys,

I'm facing this issue. Well, simply eddie doesn't works when I'm at University using their wifi, while when I'm at home there is no problem.

I already read topics, tried many possible solutions, but nothing is worked so far.

When I try to connect to a server, eddies keeps showing me "connecting to", but nothing happen. 

This is my set up: Mac high sierra with latest Eddie's version.

Eddie's logs:

I 2017.11.30 15:45:20 - Session starting.

. 2017.11.30 15:45:20 - IPv6 disabled on network adapter (iPhone USB)
I 2017.11.30 15:45:20 - Checking authorization ...
! 2017.11.30 15:45:21 - Connecting to Celaeno (Netherlands, Alblasserdam)

I hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance!

What protocol are you using?

automatic, but I tried to select manually others protocols, UDP, TCP etc. I didn't try all protocols availables, just few of them

Do you think that the problem rely on the protocol?

There are high chances that a firewall prevents certain protocols and ports, like in many public locations.

Try with the SSL tunnel method, in many cases it should work, if you can browse secure sites from that network.

Tried with the SSL tunnel method, all of them, but nothing work.

Other possible solutions?

SSL method should work in all environments where you can access secure sites over SSL (TCP protocol on port 443).

In case you are not allowed to do so,  your network might have more restrictions (such as whitelisting of specific sites/IPs)

which cannot be bypassed with a simple SSL tunnel. In such cases, more details and logs are required.

While there is no general solution for such cases, usually a combination of various protocols/ports can find your way out.

A good example is airports and their paid WiFi, where udp/53 still works fine in the majority of cases, since they see it as DNS.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

SSL method should work in all environments where you can access secure sites over SSL (TCP protocol on port 443).

In case you are not allowed to do so,  your network might have more restrictions (such as whitelisting of specific sites/IPs)

which cannot be bypassed with a simple SSL tunnel. In such cases, more details and logs are required.

While there is no general solution for such cases, usually a combination of various protocols/ports can find your way out.

A good example is airports and their paid WiFi, where udp/53 still works fine in the majority of cases, since they see it as DNS.

As soon as possible I'll post logs in order to have more info about.

I would like to get a solution within my mac, I mean, going to edit some preferences and settings, without buying more tools.

Tunnelblick works differently than eddie? It can be a solution in my case?

No buying of any tools is required, all the protocols are available with Eddie for all premium members.

yes, I got it, but once I tried all protocols available on eddie, what can I do to solve this issue?

No buying of any tools is required, all the protocols are available with Eddie for all premium members.

yes, I got it, but once I tried all protocols available on eddie, what can I do to solve this issue?

It sounds like your blocked. Either via IP address or your college is intercepting and reading your encrypted traffic and blocking it that way.

Either way, you're screwed.

Your only other option is Tor and perhaps other web proxies? Aside from that you'll just have to use the internet as your college provides it to you or use another network.

I have unlimited data for my mobile phone and a USB tethering app for this very reason.

Edit: I know for a fact this is possible. My friend goes to a high school with a draconian network to say the least. Their network uses Fortinet which allows Network Admins to initiate a man-in-the-middle attack on ALL secure traffic going through the network. So theoretically just the act of using the network exposes you to risk, making any information you believe you are sending securely insecure, such as credit card information, login tokens etc.

This is unknowingly being conducted on hundreds of thousands of networks across the US, mainly in businesses and such where SSL traffic interception is used to mitigate risks. For example they can peer into downloaded files and inspect for viruses and such. It's a complete violation of privacy and a potential security risk depending on whether you trust the network owner.

Essentially the attack is done by the network creating new certificates to spoof the certificates your device is using. In laymans terms, if i go to Facebook, Facebook will send me their certificate, but the network will actually make a new certificate, make it appear to come from Facebook and push it to your device without your permission. Now any data you think you are sending to Facebook is actually being decrypted by your ISP, read and re-encrypted and passed along to the rest of the internet.

It sounds like your blocked. Either via IP address or your college is intercepting and reading your encrypted traffic and blocking it that way.

Either way, you're screwed.

Your only other option is Tor and perhaps other web proxies? Aside from that you'll just have to use the internet as your college provides it to you or use another network.

I have unlimited data for my mobile phone and a USB tethering app for this very reason.

Edit: I know for a fact this is possible. My friend goes to a high school with a draconian network to say the least. Their network uses Fortinet which allows Network Admins to initiate a man-in-the-middle attack on ALL secure traffic going through the network. So theoretically just the act of using the network exposes you to risk, making any information you believe you are sending securely insecure, such as credit card information, login tokens etc.

This is unknowingly being conducted on hundreds of thousands of networks across the US, mainly in businesses and such where SSL traffic interception is used to mitigate risks. For example they can peer into downloaded files and inspect for viruses and such. It's a complete violation of privacy and a potential security risk depending on whether you trust the network owner.

Essentially the attack is done by the network creating new certificates to spoof the certificates your device is using. In laymans terms, if i go to Facebook, Facebook will send me their certificate, but the network will actually make a new certificate, make it appear to come from Facebook and push it to your device without your permission. Now any data you think you are sending to Facebook is actually being decrypted by your ISP, read and re-encrypted and passed along to the rest of the internet.

yes, I started to use Tor for this reason, but as u know it's really famous for its productivity in terms of speed. 

Anyway, I agree with u and thanks for sharing that example: there are the credentials to be as that.

Probably I will start to use my data mobile for this purpose.

Thank you m8!